11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I Are Famous!

Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community Goddess Wills is a cornerstone of the community
Guild Announcements
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I've lost the ability to do something I used to be able to do. Either that or I'm imagining that I was able to do it and I never could (in which case, this would make a handy feature and consider it my newest suggestion ). Is it possible to change an announcement once it's been announced?

I made a post in our guild forums, and set it to be an announcement. A couple things have changed, so I edited the post, but the announcement on the same page didn't change. I tried un-announcing & re-announcing it, but that didn't change it either. I could've sworn I did this before, but I'm kinda nuts, so if I'm losing my mind, feel free to tell me. For now I guess I'll just make a new thread and announce that one instead, but I'm curious as to whether or now I've gone completely bonkers, so I thought I'd post.

Oh, and I wanted to know if it would be possible to lock a thread at any point in the future? (Locking = a thread can be viewed but not posted on) I've gone to lock 3 or 4 threads now and I have to keep reminding myself that it's not possible!

I also wanted to mention a couple other things, while I'm thinking of them...
I've placed the roster for the guild on a page which we titled "members" and removed it from the main page. Doing so seems to have disabled the statistics which were formerly located next to the roster. Also, attempting to reorganize the roster (i.e. searching Mains instead of Mains & Alts) sends you back to the guild's main page.

Sorry that I seem to always have some sort of complaint...I like this place, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I'm just not very good at making suggestions or minor errors sound like anything other than extremely negative...
Last edited by Goddess Wills : 05-28-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Addintional thoughts
Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 PM

jarna has much to be proud of
i definitely would love what the op here wants a way to lock threads
so my sometimes not so bright guild mates would stop posting in threads ive asked them not to

they just cant seem to remember and i feel bad deleting there posts once they are there.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 AM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Exclamation Bring on the bugs so that I may squash them mightily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Wills View Post

I made a post in our guild forums, and set it to be an announcement. A couple things have changed, so I edited the post, but the announcement on the same page didn't change. I tried un-announcing & re-announcing it, but that didn't change it either. I could've sworn I did this before, but I'm kinda nuts, so if I'm losing my mind, feel free to tell me. For now I guess I'll just make a new thread and announce that one instead, but I'm curious as to whether or now I've gone completely bonkers, so I thought I'd post.

Tarinth is making a monumental change to announcements so that they will be a far more flexible and powerful tool. Some of the new code sneaked in with a bug fix for something else, and viola! broken announcements. Tarinth is away today or this would have been fixed already. It's on the breakfast menu for tomorrow.

Quote:
Oh, and I wanted to know if it would be possible to lock a thread at any point in the future? (Locking = a thread can be viewed but not posted on) I've gone to lock 3 or 4 threads now and I have to keep reminding myself that it's not possible!
I'll put thread locking on the feature request list.

Quote:
I also wanted to mention a couple other things, while I'm thinking of them...
I've placed the roster for the guild on a page which we titled "members" and removed it from the main page. Doing so seems to have disabled the statistics which were formerly located next to the roster. Also, attempting to reorganize the roster (i.e. searching Mains instead of Mains & Alts) sends you back to the guild's main page.
A swarm of bugs there. I will try and duplicate this tonight so we can swat these tomorrow too.

Quote:
Sorry that I seem to always have some sort of complaint...I like this place, I wouldn't be here if I didn't. I'm just not very good at making suggestions or minor errors sound like anything other than extremely negative...
Au contra ire! GuildCafe needs more people like you during this time of massive upgrades. Many people just go off to a competitor without even telling us what went wrong. You are not overly negative! Our guild hosting is just mega buggy. I promise you though. It shall all be worth it when we become the best guild hosting service in the world.