11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 05-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Question RSS?
Any plans to support RSS, incoming or outgoing, for either the blogs or (oh yes) guild forums? If you host your forums elsewhere, it's nice to only have to post announcements once.

I realize there are issues with not wanting to have site content automatically mirrored/hosted elsewhere, but of course that's exactly what I'm hoping will be possible. Hmm. A conundrum.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Any plans to support RSS, incoming or outgoing, for either the blogs or (oh yes) guild forums? If you host your forums elsewhere, it's nice to only have to post announcements once.

I realize there are issues with not wanting to have site content automatically mirrored/hosted elsewhere, but of course that's exactly what I'm hoping will be possible. Hmm. A conundrum.
We do support RSS and have several feeds coming into our favorites system. The reason we don't pick up more is that they are usually crap--formatted incorrectly etc. Most vBulletin feeds make the description field so small as to be silly. If you know of a good gaming feed we should have, let us know. We want at least one complete paragraph for a description though.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
I think he's asking whether we could support RSS to automatically import announcement-type content into the guild pages (let me know if I'm wrong). This seems like a reasonable request. We do a similar thing with personal profile pages now--you can automatically have us grab your blog entries written elsewhere, and incorporate them into your personal page content. I think adding more RSS integration to the guild-page features sounds like a great idea.

(We also support outbound RSS for the Favorites system, public forums, and our blogging system also has an outbound RSS feed feature.)

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
I think he's asking whether we could support RSS to automatically import announcement-type content into the guild pages (let me know if I'm wrong). This seems like a reasonable request. We do a similar thing with personal profile pages now--you can automatically have us grab your blog entries written elsewhere, and incorporate them into your personal page content. I think adding more RSS integration to the guild-page features sounds like a great idea.

(We also support outbound RSS for the Favorites system, public forums, and our blogging system also has an outbound RSS feed feature.)
Yes, I think we're on the same page (or iframe) here. I couldn't find the outbound RSS feeds is because, of course, I wasn't looking at public forums. Duh.

If you allow outgoing RSS, people tend not to see your ads when browsing, but on the other hand, they have to log in to your site to post. And vice versa. Works for me either way, as long as I only have to type once. :>

Cross-site integration like RSS makes it easier to maintain a separate site, but at the same time become a part of the community here, so you're not committed to a 100% move of all content. This is nice if you have your own domain. I think of something like sourceforge's separation of the "project web page" and the sourceforge pages for that project. In fact, there's a lot of similarity between guildcafe and sourceforge. Hmm. (Except that sourceforge is UGLY).

-- We're not the crazy ones! --