11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MUDs and Interactive Fiction

Old 10-31-2006, 01:50 PM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
I'd love to see more too. Right now, we're still in beta and haven't even announced the site, so the only people who have shown up are the ones we personally invited, for the most part. I wrote the PostLegends group on Yahoo to let them know what I was up to, but I'm not sure how many people are reading that.

Please feel free to use the "invite a friend" to invite more old LofPers.
Yeah, that's where I found out about it. i'm not sure how many even read it anymore though.. There used to be a good number, but think a lot of them have become busy with other things, so either don't pay attention to it anymore, or removed themselves from it.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:12 PM

Mugglewump has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Mugglewump
Yea - I saw it on the Yahoo! Legends thing as well.. actually, it was sent to me because I have it send e-mail when someone posts on that list.

I've kept in touch to a degree with Ichiro, Gary, John and Scott ... though most of them won't return my calls anymore ;p

Old 11-01-2006, 11:48 PM

Nissa has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Nissa Send a message via Yahoo to Nissa
Yep - I got it off the Yahoo group too. I get the digest version. Not enough happens there to check it manually. As is it took me a little while to find the time to make it over here to set stuff up.

I may have some people I can contact..just a matter of taking the time to dig up their addresses.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Well, when we announce the site "for real" (we're 2-3 weeks away, need a few things done like the graphic redesign + a few other tools we're implementing) hopefully it will work its social-network magic and we'll start to locate them by virtue of getting online gamers in general to the site to enter in their gaming history.

It would be fun to find out what they're playing now (if anything?) and what sort of things they miss from Legends, or things they like about new games that remind them of Legends.
Old 11-03-2006, 01:13 AM

Sierron has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
Well, when we announce the site "for real" (we're 2-3 weeks away, need a few things done like the graphic redesign + a few other tools we're implementing) hopefully it will work its social-network magic and we'll start to locate them by virtue of getting online gamers in general to the site to enter in their gaming history.

It would be fun to find out what they're playing now (if anything?) and what sort of things they miss from Legends, or things they like about new games that remind them of Legends.

I miss the roleplaying, and interaction from Legends.. I still play mostly text based RPGs, and still play dragon's gate.. Well, did still play dragon's gate, it's been down since June, because the server died, and they are working on getting a new one up and running when they have time, but even that game can't fill the void that was left behind when Legends closed at the end of 1999.

The bad part is, it seem that most people in D-gate's idea of RP is PvP, which happens all the time there, and there is no peace and quiet to be had in the game at all.

Then again, that seems to be the way that most graphical MMO's are going as well. I think that they focus too much these days on PvP, and only make the games for those that enjoy that kind of thing. I do not enjoy it, as I am no good at it, and would rather have it left out completely from a game.. Especially a graphical MMO, where there is no RP anyway, no matter if they set up servers for RP or not.. I think that most of it is a joke, because I've yet to find ANY RP on a RP server anywhere.. Well, I can't say anywhere, there were some folks from Gemstone playing WoW for a little while, on an RP server, and there was some RP then, at least from those of us that formed a guild, but otherwise there was little to none from other players.

The only other game I ever found that somewhat filled the void of LOFP, was Inferno, but it still did not have the same feeling as LOFP did, and got boring after a little while of playing.

I don't think that there will ever be another game that will be able to capture the same feel that Legends had, at least not for me. I suppose I should find something, but with everything being graphical these days, there just is really little hope in my mind that I will ever find anything that will ever completely fill the Void.

Ah well, I'm just a bitter old gamer these days anyway, and am quite picky, and yearn for the old days where there were fun, and interesting games like Legends, well, at least there are still the memories of the game, and as they say, Legends never die, they just fade away.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM

Fafnir has much to be proud of
I'm here hanging around.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:26 AM

Brandis Tir'ar has much to be proud of
Another refugee wanders in
Heya's...

It is amazing how mentioning LoFP can still bring back such strong and fun memories. Between the text descriptions allowing ones own creativity to fill in the details and the storylines that the GM's put together, It was the most engrossing role playing game I've found. Remember the Shateneya, Melee? I"m sure they're still after Brandis and the others.....

Clear skies
Brandis Tir'ar
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 AM
Mr.

melee has much to be proud of
im still here in arkansas but when i started we were in alabama and germany.
Coming to Plano,tx in a couple weeks to get some training, and hang out with my brother. Dec 11th to 15th. Am trying to recapture the memories. Benn through about 10 computers and tons of hard drives since then so most of my text captures of adventures are gone. the fountain was in that first place of town in the center i think , near where we all first started. I remember spending a couple hours trying to figure out how to tell and chat. and goofing it all up.

Good thing people were patient and kind.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Mr.

melee has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandis Tir'ar View Post
Heya's...

It is amazing how mentioning LoFP can still bring back such strong and fun memories. Between the text descriptions allowing ones own creativity to fill in the details and the storylines that the GM's put together, It was the most engrossing role playing game I've found. Remember the Shateneya, Melee? I"m sure they're still after Brandis and the others.....

Clear skies
Brandis Tir'ar

heheh yep sure do .. we fought and ran and fought and charged many times.

I do remember a mountain battle with Syrix(sp?) and some others that went on and on and on and on....

it was great fun

Melee
the Murg
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 PM

Trosh Bogre has much to be proud of
I played for a while, mostly getting lost on the fringes of the wastes. My character name was Lendoren, and well, I had a blast with this game. It was my first experience with a real RPG community online. Sure, I played Toril, but there was very little authentic role playing there. LOFP was great.

I remember hanging out with Lianna, and even kept up with here a couple times on ICQ years later but have since lost touch.

I'm in the game industry myself now and am still looking for that one little edge that LOFP had that no other game has.