11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 04-01-2007, 04:17 AM

blubberboy has much to be proud of
Need Help with Clan Ranks
In my clan i'm the leader and it says i'm the rank that you start out as can you please help me get the ranks right?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:21 AM

Vexator has much to be proud of
I'd like to know how to assign ranks as well. They seem to be dysfunctional as of now.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 AM

decided to go and figure this one out. Here's how I got it to work. go to the management page for your guild and set it so that new members start out in a rank that allows the changing of other member's ranks. Then make a junk account here on guildcafe, call it whatever you want. since you're still guild leader you should be able to invite your junk account. then log onto your junk account and have it promote your real account up to the rank you want. then kick the junk account.

EDIT: I too had got myself stuck as an applicant while trying to make custom ranks.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:43 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Thanks for reporting the issue.

Please note that the founder of a group always has a special flag,so regardless of which group you are in, you always have full permission to do anything in your group. This is to safeguard the founder from losing access to their own group in the event they are changed to a rank with lower permissions.

However, I understand that you'd like to be able to have your name (as founder) listed as part of a custom rank. We should be able to acommodate that, and we'll see about putting that in an update to come soon.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarinth View Post
Please note that the founder of a group always has a special flag,so regardless of which group you are in, you always have full permission to do anything in your group.
That doesn't seem to be the case currently. When we were stuck as applicants after deleting the default ranks, we were unable to accept our own applications or alter our ranks. In at least those two situations, we did not have full permissions. All other powers functioned properly, to the best of my knowledge.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:57 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexator View Post
That doesn't seem to be the case currently. When we were stuck as applicants after deleting the default ranks, we were unable to accept our own applications or alter our ranks. In at least those two situations, we did not have full permissions. All other powers functioned properly, to the best of my knowledge.

Definitely sounds like we need to fix something here. You should never need to create "junk" accounts to fix stuff. Is your guild still messed up? Because I as admin can come fix it for you.