Capitulation has much to be proud of
Psh, nothing beats my wicked Zeo rush.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 AM

Metaxer has much to be proud of
hahaha ! =)
Old 01-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Enthusiast

Capitulation has much to be proud of
Good ol' SC...so many strats, so many ways to PEE DUBYA ENN.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Devil's Advocate

Ravage is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to Ravage
Unfortunately, I never got the chance to play Age of Empires II. I played the original, though, and decided I really didn't like their system too well. It was fun, but the simple problem of everyone having basically the same units made it get a little dull.

Starcraft achieved something many RTS's I've tried fail at initially, making three wholly different races that are for the most part balanced. (It took a few patches to get it in the shape where I say the sides are now "perfect").

Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 PM

Agge has much to be proud of
SC is and was a great game, however, there's been many good RTS games out that I loved as much and they where great for their times, to name a few: Total Anhilation, AoE series, Dawn of War, Home World, Knights & Merchants, Settlers (moast of them), c&c series, Dune series and now the latest love company of heroes.

If I had to chose one though... hmm.. SC or TA.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

Kabol is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Kabol Send a message via Skype™ to Kabol
SC ftfw (for the %$@!ing win )

I cannot and will not get over this game. First game I ever played online, ever. It was very far ahead of it's time, and I always revisit it every now and then. I used to make maps for that, I loved doing that. I lost interest in most melees once I had exhausted just about every possible strategy I had, and having my own fair share of wins and losses.

After that I was a map maker/editor all the way. Loved especially doing RPGs and RPs. Then I uninstalled Steam recently which had my Starcraft folder in the same one as my Steam folder...it erased everything in that folder. I don't care much about losing the character profiles I had for D2, SC, WCIII, and having to reinstall World of Warcraft, but it was the maps. The bloody maps I lost, GAH. I was pissed...

Starcraft though. If they ever shut down BNET, I will cry.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:35 AM

Stormfire has much to be proud of
starcraft is perfectly balanced the only thing is that people don't know why i could explain pages and pages but do a very short summery

terrain - must be defensive to win, Terran are generally good with air units however the ground defense is great. don't be stupid with Terran they are the hardest race to use, the only way to be epic with them is to utilize all of their ability's. archons are no match for Terran ever and neither are any zerg unit, the one unit you must have as Terran are science vessels emp kills the toss, and irradiate kills zerg in all aspects. plus terran rule th sky with their many ships valks, great especially vs. zerg wraiths wonderful vs anything battlecruisers are the most powerful single unit in the game bc's > carriers, but don't overdo them, remember marines and medics basic thing you need, also get optical flare and restoration both are essential. blind overlords and observers. and last ghosts are good for lockdown, p.s. they are also good against mutas. nukes i advise against unless playing a noob.(in my opinion this race is the best race however the hardest to play)

zerg - great race, MUST BE AGGRESSIVE TO WIN. AND REMEMBER IN LOW MONEY GO FOR THE EXPOS YOU NEED THE EXPOS. first things first they are primarily weak against air. MASS PRODUCE #1 thing with zerg is numbers. burrow is essential. dont be afraid to use sunkens and spores both are needed against toss and Terran. if your enemy techs go mainly hydras with some devourers and some guardians don't for get a few defilers for dark swarm, and against Terran plague is wonderful. queens if you remember can be a great friend against siege tanks and for spying, if the enemy doesn't tech go ultras, zerglings, mutas, and some hydras mixed with defilers. a few devourers arn't a bad idea either but guards arn't necessary if they don't tech. also if you are fighting a zerg get lurks they are wonderful against numbers and will devastate a zerg army in no time. also most deadly thing against zerg. reavers, corsairs, valks, irradiate, pionic storm (personal favorite move tho i don't use toss), firebats vs lings, battlecruisers if you don't have devourers, and disruption web, also another thing zerg ant good against is archons. also as zerg avoid narrow corridors zerg wont be able to spread out and use thier full force. it will be like the Persian vs. spartan in the battle of the 300. ( i play this race and love them to death they are wonderful)

protoss - i really dont know much about these guys but most people play toss so i don't need to explain much if you want me to explain more leave me a comment on my wall, first templar are your friends psionic storm is powerful as hell. also maelstrom works wonders on zerg, go ground protoss air is weak. mix archons dark templar and zealots they work well also throw a few goons in with them, other than that ill reserve ive been typeing for a while now and i am tired of it tho ill elaborate more if you wish just message me on my wall.

the starcraft races are balanced they are probably the best balanced, most different races any game has ever made

mesg me if you want more elaboration on any of the races, ill get into dmg type and whats good against what in any situation. lata all
Last edited by Stormfire : 04-05-2007 at 02:05 AM.