11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 03-27-2007, 05:00 PM
gamerDNA Regina Omnipotens

Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness Roxianna is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to Roxianna Send a message via MSN to Roxianna Send a message via Yahoo to Roxianna
Vox Discussion: The Guild Leader--Advertising
A place to talk about the premiere edition of the column, The Guild Leader: Advertising by Angela "Roxianna" Bull.

Do you have more hints for guild recruitment? How do you promote your guild? Do you have a worse or funnier example of guild recruitment ads? Is a regular column on guild management issues of interest to you?
Last edited by Roxianna : 03-27-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I for one think that the best way to recruit someone is by killing them, people react to being killed in different ways and it defenitley tells you what type of player they are.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM
gamerDNA Team

Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community Tarinth is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
I for one think that the best way to recruit someone is by killing them, people react to being killed in different ways and it defenitley tells you what type of player they are.
There are a number of ways to recruit--this particular article dealt with advertising. I think Roxianna will deal with some of the more "creative" techniques in a future column.

Disruptor Beam -- Facebook RPGs
Old 03-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community Ama-Ebi is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to Ama-Ebi Send a message via MSN to Ama-Ebi
The article made me chuckle at some mistakes I've seen in recruiting. In my first guild, at that time, everyone was spamming "Join our guild/city. Free house. Free speeder."

The guilds I've recruited for have been small guilds with more of a family atmosphere.

I found that word of mouth worked best. I'd mention to a friend that the guild was recruiting and to send anyone they thought would be a good fit to me or other recruiters. A well placed ad on the forums or in a store display/vendor worked well to generate interest if needed too.

I'd usually interract with another player for a while before even talking about the guild. I often let my behavior show what our guild was about. When a person was truly interrested, I'd ask what they expected of us and in return, told what we'd expect of them as a guild member. Honesty is key. People can usually see thru B.S sooner or later and that only wastes time for everyone when you make things more than they are in reality. If the person wasn't interrested for some reason, I'd ask them to send anyone they thought would be interrested to me. When all else fails, turn on the female charm.

Ama-Ebi Unagi Zahira Daja
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 AM
Rising Star

MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community MaeveAlleine is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to MaeveAlleine Send a message via AIM to MaeveAlleine Send a message via Yahoo to MaeveAlleine
Great advice. I couldn't have written it better! Thank you

visit my blog: oh! san diego dot com
Old 05-26-2007, 09:03 PM

Esraymuk has much to be proud of
A good article, especially the bit about not spelling things correctly. Not using proper spelling or grammer marks out a person as a noob, imo.

The "bad" recruitment message you gave out isn't as bad as what you see in many games.

Heres a popular WoW recruiting message for "generic trash guild":

HEY GUYZ WE ARE "TEH FIGHTING BRUTHERS" AND WE R RECRUT lvl 60 4 MC, PLZ /W AND I INV KK

Thats really annoying to see. Now repeat that same message, with the same lack of grammer, incorrectly spelled message/guild name, and capital letters 4 times in a row, every 10 seconds. That is how NOT to recruit.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Enthusiast

andrewjay is a cornerstone of the community andrewjay is a cornerstone of the community
Good Article. The way I started recruiting was just to let fate run its course. When I would run into somebody doin the samer thing. I would ask to join and quest with them. If we got along and worked well together, I would then invite them to join my guild. Those people I met that way are my most dedicated and loyal officers to this day!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 PM

November has much to be proud of
love your idea of killing! makes total sence. 8)
Old 01-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Famous Member

stunt has much to be proud of
Did I Make Famous?
Old 01-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Savant

Arkane is a jewel in the community Arkane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Arkane
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt View Post
Did I Make Famous?
What does this have to do with the topic? Why not just send a PM to a mod about it?