11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 08-28-2011, 01:24 PM

vanel86 has much to be proud of
Angry xfire game posts not working
Since writing to the gamerdna support address seems useless, is there any way to have gamerdna work with xfire? I get just an handful of games detected and the rest is not recorded in any way i tried(removing and adding xfire account again, trying with a different account, etc.). Since doing manual gameposts is not acceptable (i have already a blog that requires me to do manual posts, i should just use that if i need to do anything by hand) is there any way to solve this problem? If there is none is there any good alternative for automated game blogging? Raptr seems to have dropped the game session blog mode with the latest redesign to be more social and less game based, i have heard about evolva but the site seems vaporware to me. Any tips?
Last edited by vanel86 : 08-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 PM

teemo is a jewel in the community
Hi There!
Thanks for your post - We have a small team, but are trying to do better. It's always good to know what we can do better at. I appreciate that, and apologize for the delay. I'll follow up with gdna support and figure out where your ticket went.

I'll look into your Xfire username and see what's happening.

john
Old 08-28-2011, 09:49 PM

vanel86 has much to be proud of
Since most problems reported here seems to revolve around steam,xfire, psn or xbox live activity reporting you could just do a quick and dirty status page with a red or green indicator for working or not working(maybe with a quick description of the ploblem) rather than having the support team swamped with the same question about xfire status. Having the support team stating in clear lines if the servers are borked or not could help too.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:15 AM

teemo is a jewel in the community
So I did some more research to make sure I understand your issue.

When we import information from Xfire, we import gameplay. We take that game play and add it to your events.

Since Xfire only detects gameplay (not achievements or anything inside the game) we can't do more than that.

About your 'dashboard' idea where were post service status. I think that's a TERRIFIC idea. I'll see if we can do something like that.

tmo
Old 02-24-2014, 10:44 AM

morie has much to be proud of
The posts are not working? Well, we have to recognize the fact right there. - Lindsay Rosenwald
Old 03-02-2014, 12:48 PM

meiLove has much to be proud of
The posts are not working? Well, we have to recognize the fact right there. - Sandra Dyche