11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > MMORPG Connections

Old 11-02-2013, 08:56 AM

michtymog has set foot on a distinguished road
Ultima Online - The Expanse
Hey there, a friend and I have been working on a freeshard for well over 3 years now. Mostly as a hobby in our spare time, but we're very proud of what we've made. Don't even know how many UO players read this place regularly, either but it's as good as place as any to invite folk to try.

Currently trying to get a small number of regular players, really. Nice, cosy place for casual sorts. Kinda on the PVE-side of things, but what we've made stands out I think.

And we have really have made this, took a completely alternative slant on the UO game-world altogether, tbh. And whilst I LOVE the original Ultima series (Warriors of Destiny anyone? Oh yeah!!!) creating custom content on UO has become a real labour of love for me. We have an integrated a formidable amount of community-drawn mods from RunUO and Orbsydia, but also tried to improve upon them also.

But the thing's were most proud of is our genuine exclusive features:

-Artifact crafting system
Star Wars Expansion:
-Force power magic system (Jedi or Sith),
-Massive Complexes for the Jedi and Sith, each with their own trial ground. -Light saber-crafting (46 types of craftable lightsabres, fully customisable with crystal loot drops.)
-Entirely new Peerless dungeon. Fight and ancient Sith Lord
trained in the arts in the magical arts of Dark Side of the Force.

-Wonderfully luscious deco and dungeon design. Some tender love and attention has gone into creating our babies. Just check out some of the screenies I posted on my media gallery (Well, the UO ones, anyway. I got about a bit on other MMORPGs )

-Involving, well-written quest lines with custom-designed dungeons that aren't just lazily hued add-ons or buildings. Some real heart has gone into our stuff. Our last expansion was the adventures of Jonesy Ford, where all three Indiana Jones films were lovingly paid homage to in three expansive quest lines. All set in individually designed areas or dungeons.

Not to mention our Halloween release for The Army of Darkness...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying flood this place with tonnes of folk in desperate attempt to generate money. I just would to see some folk enjoy our work. Besides, at The Expanse every effort has been made to have no such thing as a premium player, you can get just about everything here by good old-fashioned adventuring. Which is the way it should be.

So yeah, old and new players alike looking for a nice place to chill in and experience a different sort of UO, please come say hello. It'd be lovely to have some visitors.