11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Bug Reports & Enhancement Requests

Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 AM

VengefulTEHKO is a jewel in the community
Exclamation Help with Chatango
Can someone help me or give me advice how to fix my gamerDNA site. I see many guilds/Clans in the gamerDNA have a Chatango setup already and im tryng to do the same. I open a account with chatango fill up all info, copy/paste the HTML code in my Pages Configuration Tab named Chat Channel but the html code dosnt work - it comes all bunch of letters and numbers instead of a chat window. Any one else have the same problem or have a solution for it. Few guilds are using it on gamerDNA but i cant find none of the members there to ask for advice e.g. LionHeart or Glace
Any help will be greatly appreciated, tnx in advance
Old 07-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community
Fixed!
The issue is solved! When your embedding code into your guild page, make sure that you insert it as embedded media.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:28 PM

VengefulTEHKO is a jewel in the community
Thumbs up Tnx for the Help gDNA
Tnx alot for the help guys, you are awesome, keep up the good work.
Special ty to Wolfkill-Shepard for the time he took to look into it.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:18 AM

Riany has much to be proud of
[quote=Wolfkill-Shepard;135008]The issue is solved! When your embedding code into your guild page, make sure that you insert it as embedded media.[/quo

Could you go into detail how you did that?
I would greatly appreciate that!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:55 PM

Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community Wolfkill-Shepard is a jewel in the community
@Riany, sorry I was kind of in a scramble when I posted this. Here is some much needed clarity.
VengefulTEHKO's issue was that he was trying to get a custom chat client to be displayed on a separate page in his guild,

If you have custom code that you would like to embed in your guild page you can follow these steps to make it work:

1. Figure out where you want your custom code to be displayed at.
2. Go to the manage tab on your guild and navigate to the pages tab at the top of the screen.
3. Find the page you would like to display the content on the click the edit button for the corresponding page.
4. Make sure that all of your code is copied then click the "Insert / edit embedded media" button located on the upper right hand corner of the editor.
5. Click on the advanced tab and paste your code into the "base" field. From this screen you can further customize to your liking.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:42 PM

Riany has much to be proud of
Hey That's awesome thanks!! I've been allover the internet trying to find out how to do this without any success!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfkill-Shepard View Post
@Riany, sorry I was kind of in a scramble when I posted this. Here is some much needed clarity.
VengefulTEHKO's issue was that he was trying to get a custom chat client to be displayed on a separate page in his guild,

If you have custom code that you would like to embed in your guild page you can follow these steps to make it work:

1. Figure out where you want your custom code to be displayed at.
2. Go to the manage tab on your guild and navigate to the pages tab at the top of the screen.
3. Find the page you would like to display the content on the click the edit button for the corresponding page.
4. Make sure that all of your code is copied then click the "Insert / edit embedded media" button located on the upper right hand corner of the editor.
5. Click on the advanced tab and paste your code into the "base" field. From this screen you can further customize to your liking.

Hope this helps!