11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
I've been playing all the metal gears again... Some of them are ten or more years old. I also just put Link's Awakening to rest (again) and some of the puzzles in the game confused me years after I originally beat it. Throwing a pot at a door to open it...? Never tells you at any point...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:25 AM

neosimkin has much to be proud of
Well, it's retro-like ...
I've been playing Spelunky. It's a 2D platformer that randomly generates the stages, with a retro style. Free to download PC game.

"I assure you, dear fellow the game is the only reason I continue to exist on this wretched patch of grass and gravel we call a world. Without it, life would be so boring one might as well curl up into a ball and drop oneself into the river." -- Simkin, The Darksword Trilogy
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 AM

HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community
Retro games, huh? Just yesterday, I found an old Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet at the laundromat. I was thinking of taking some extra quarters next time, so I can give it a try.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
gamerDNA Staff

jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED
am constantly amazed by our community and how cool everyone is. And I wish I knew half of the games being discussed here. For me, retro is NES and Gameboy. Ninja Gaiden, anyone?
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlandis View Post
am constantly amazed by our community and how cool everyone is. And I wish I knew half of the games being discussed here. For me, retro is NES and Gameboy. Ninja Gaiden, anyone?
NES Ninja Gaiden is hard...

I'm still pushing on through Block Ball.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Wasn't Ninja Gaiden supposed to be hard though?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
gamerDNA Staff

jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED jlandis CLASSIFIED
@Mishy tbh it's been so long since I've played that I don't really remember. What I do remember is many a sleepless weekend night in junior high with my buddy Zach, combing the pages of Nintendo Power for guides and playing until the caffeine wore off.

Better go find a good emulator and give it a go...
Old 06-08-2012, 07:58 PM
gamerDNA Staff

confirmed...it's hard.

B- )
Old 07-02-2012, 02:34 AM

HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community HitGirl is a paragon of the community
Does Battlefront count as "retro" yet? 'cause I bought it for a quarter at the Salvation Army last week.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:30 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
That might be pushing it a bit.