11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 12-26-2011, 07:14 AM

cocohuang has much to be proud of
Why do you Quit a Game?
http://news.bbgsite.com/content/2011...a-game_1.shtml

Anyone above happening in one game will make me crazy and quit it!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:43 PM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
I think the 15 reasons they put up there don't even scratch the surface of why people play and quit games. Most of them are reasons to do with online or computer gaming... As a console gamer for 24 years of my little life I have to say "system requirements" and "PvP" and anything online related HAVE NOTHING to do with why I quit a game.

Parents also DO NOT affect any of my decisions to play a game. My step father kept telling me Final Fantasy was for gay people:

http://gamingwithclass.blogspot.com/...sy-is-gay.html

If I ever came close to listening to ridicule for falling in love with a J-RPG I wouldn't have played half the games I have played and become such a unbiased video game enthusiast.

You want to know reasons why I quit games?
-Cutting corners
-Unpolished gameplay
-A terrible camera
-Bad jumping mechanics
-Boring gameplay
-Uninteresting writing
-A game that is LITERALLY a cash grab (Ninjabread-Man)
-Bad button mapping
-Very generic clones of other games (Dante's Inferno vs. God of War)
Old 12-26-2011, 08:30 PM

Roxas-UrBoxas has much to be proud of
1)Expectations are too high
-That's a players fault for psyching themselves up too much.

2)Serious bugs
-Games have patches now.

3)Widespread botting programs
-Only applies to heavy online computer games such as MMO's.

4)Long wait
-Announcements can only be made during certain conventions. E3 happens in the second quarter of a calender year, most of the games announced aren't released until the fourth quarter.

5)Leaving of friends
-Games get old, it's natural. Odds are if you're a gamer that plays single player heavy games you'll still be JUST FINE going back and wrapping your games up for good. I have gone back to 4-5 year old games just to put their platinum trophies on my shelf. Even some games that require online achievements have forums and online message boards will people will get together JUST to get their trophies.

6)A Big Gap Between F2P Players and P2P Players
-Don't want to spend money, stop playing shareware games that thrive off that mentality. It's your fault for starting to play a game that claims it's "free" but in order to get anywhere you have to spend 50 bucks per month for equipment and levels (i.e. perfect world)

7)Terrible Graphics
-Graphics aren't everything. Media whores bug me. The Nintendo DS was a solid system with low graphic filters and yet that system held the top spot for most units sold for multiple years!

8)Too High System Requirements
-Only related to computer gaming. You see people that own a PS3 or an Xbox bitching about system requirements? Nope, games are developed for console gamers to be played on their consoles. Pretty cut and dry.

9)Bad Game Servers
-Only related to computer gaming. I don't see this issue on PS3 and apparently their online is 'terrible'.

10)Account Stealing
-High percentage only related to computer gaming.

11)Difficult to Pick up
-Most review sites warn you about learning curves! Most games that are hard to pick up become some of the most innovative and ORIGINAL games on the market! (i.e. The games Catherine and The World Ends With You!)

12)Unable to Adapt
-That puts humanity into question, not the game.

13)No More Pursuit
-Games get old eventually. Unless you can make an entire overhaul to the game and keep interest in it, like when World of Warcraft took their average world and made a new expansion take place through the apocalypse.

14)Opposition from Parents and Society
-I was always told Final Fantasy was gay from a certain step-father, did that stop me? http://gamingwithclass.blogspot.com/...sy-is-gay.html
-I'd also like to state that the game Medal of Honour had a lot of controversy over the fact that you were fighting the Taliban in the game. Governments pushed and had the Taliban's named switched to "The opposing force", I highly doubt that having the Taliban in the game would ever cause the game to not be played by the fans of the series already. Some people would pick it up just for pure shock factor. Besides, you were killing the Taliban in the story, how is that unpatriotic? The controversy came about because you had the option of playing as the Taliban online... And yet I see games online where Russians are nuking America... Red Alert was it?
-A kid killed another kid reenacting a scene from some game once upon a time... Is it the fault of the game, or are STUPID parents raising STUPID kids?

15)Game Closedown
Depends on the situation... If a game was nothing special then a close down of the service is unavoidable... I will however state that some really well made games with high communities never go down. People still play Uncharted 2 heavily, I still see HUGE match-ups in Modern Warfare 2, I loaded up Mario Kart Wii and still managed to find huge online matches, Tetris DS which is close to 5 years old still is played fanatically!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 AM

fengzi597 has much to be proud of
I think boring gameplay is the main reason why i quit a game.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It all boils down to loss of interest. The rest is just detail.

As for your comment on #2, "games have patches now," I have to wonder whether you've played Morrowind.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 AM

TangledMarionette is a jewel in the community
When something becomes repetitive, and unrewarding.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM

phineusbright247 has much to be proud of
i think if i play a game and it crashes regularly that would be one big bugger....and the main reason for me to leave the game..........
Old 03-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Mostly something else comes into my field of view though sometimes its I just get bored xD

Yeah my attention span isn't so great.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 AM

funguy11 has much to be proud of
Maybe you don't like it.