11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge > Debate Corner

Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernan View Post
As a southerner I feel that "we" are programed to be a little more forgiving and compensating.
Finally, some comedy in the thread. Maybe the part of the South you come from is different from the part I grew up in?

From my experience, there are two traditionally-southern options for a response:
  1. If you are small and/or a woman, use polite passive aggression, as in "wow that sure is a naaace phone you got their, too bad you hayaaave to shaaout intew it to be heard. Eeis it braewken? Eit lewks expayinsive--must've kawst you a munth's pay aet leayist!" This approach works best if you have long red fingernails and two-inch-thick makeup.
  2. If you are a man, and larger than the person on the phone, threaten to beat the crap out of the person on the phone. "Do I have to kick someone's ass today?", "You ain't frum around here, ah kayn tayel..." "My dad is the sheriff and we can make you disappear", etc.
Option 1 is preferred...because in a polite setting like the library you have to act nice. But, it's totally OK if you do it in a mean-spirited, back-stabbity way.

Quote:
I always look at it from the other person's perspective. While it may be some @$$ who always has a phone glued to their ear, you never know what the other person's situation is. Could it be a very important call?
Let's see... maybe it's a call from an inexperienced passenger who valiantly defeated the terrorists and now only this one airline pilot in the library is available to safely talk him in.

I hadn't really considered that possibility.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 10-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Kiernan is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Finally, some comedy in the thread. Maybe the part of the South you come from is different from the part I grew up in?
If those were your personal observations, then yep it's totally different.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It sounds like Tekhedd's South is limited to the Ozarks.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:07 AM

SeoulMage has much to be proud of
I like Kiernan's south better.

...and after reading this thread, I'm going to start turning my phone off when I go into the library.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:08 AM

PriestessRiva is a cornerstone of the community PriestessRiva is a cornerstone of the community
There's a sign on the library door that says to turn your phone off.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
And I thought I was good at necro'ing threats but Priestess here takes the cake :P

Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Enthusiast

Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
She's a priestess and healing spells are necromantic, so it kinda figures.