11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 01-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Have a small issue with the events calendar. If i register for the event using the drop down to choose my character, it automatically puts me into the anny catagory, even though my character is of one of the required classes. If I want to fill in the required class, in this case Paragon, using my Paragon, Adelisa Circe, if i choose her from the drop-down, I get no options & am put into 1 of the 4 available any class slots. I can choose "other" from the drop-down, then type her in, select the Paragon slot & it's all good. This workaround is probably too confusing for people less computer literate than me.

There is also a Guild Wars specific issue. If I create an event, say a DOA run, and choose Guild Wars Nightfall as the game, I cannot specify slots for certain classes. If I want to choose slots for certain classes, I have to choose Guild Wars as the game, even though DOA is only available to people who have Nightfall. Additionally, all of my characters are associated to Guild Wars and available in the drop down, but if I switch to Nightfall as the event, only my Nightfall "born" characters are available.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Just thought of this... Adelisa does not have her class assigned because she is a Nightfall born character, and as such you can't assign a class. Maybe that's why this doesn't work properly. Getting a massage on my way home, so I'll try it when I get there, If mmy brain is not turned to mush =D

Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Enthusiast

Noticed a typo, It says This is event is full. when the event is full.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:01 PM

teemo is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraLane View Post
Noticed a typo, It says This is event is full. when the event is full.
Hi there,
Would you provide a link to the clan event page?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

For the events thing
http://www.gamerdna.com/GuildEvents....&eventid=24954

Old 02-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Enthusiast

Also, on the Nightfall & Factions thing. I posted a thread about this a long time ago (years).

In those 2 games, it does not allow you to specify class and level when you add characters to your profile.

They should have the same classes available as core Guild Wars. I suppose I could edit my characters and assign them to GUild Wars, then specify there classes, but I think i should be able to do that in the game they where created in.

I realize this is probably low priority for you since Guild Wars popularity is waning.

Thanks
Tam

Old 02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Enthusiast

OH.... you are gonna get sick of me lol! I noticed another glitch wich is also pretty old. When you create an event you specify the date and time. you then have the option to add slots for participants. When you go to that page, the day is reset. In the past i had issues w guildies thinking events where on wrong days & I would check the event calendar & sure enough it would say the day they said. I was sure I had set the date.... I thought i was losing it! Now that I noticed this bug I know it wasn't me!

Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Howdy,
I'm working on the other issues you've reported-- I wanted to let you know why it's saying "This event is full".

It looks to see how many slots are available and how many people have signed up for the event. In your case, you only have 1 slot available, and you're signed up for the event. Thus, it says the event is full.

Let me know if you'd like to see different behavior. I can make it so that if there's only 1 slot- and the GM has signed up - to not show the message.

Still workin on the other stuffs.

tmo
Old 02-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
OH.... you are gonna get sick of me lol! I noticed another glitch wich is also pretty old. When you create an event you specify the date and time. you then have the option to add slots for participants. When you go to that page, the day is reset. In the past i had issues w guildies thinking events where on wrong days & I would check the event calendar & sure enough it would say the day they said. I was sure I had set the date.... I thought i was losing it! Now that I noticed this bug I know it wasn't me!
Can you test? I think it's fixed, but might not be.
tmo
Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo View Post
Howdy,
I'm working on the other issues you've reported-- I wanted to let you know why it's saying "This event is full".

Let me know if you'd like to see different behavior. I can make it so that if there's only 1 slot- and the GM has signed up - to not show the message.

tmo
Teemo,

I know the event is full. It's a event in a public area where attendance is unlimited, so I can't really set a number of slots. So I made one for the host, me in this case. I'm hoping to get some other people to host the other 8 feasts (events) so I created them all with one slot. It's a 24 hr event, and I don't want to stay on the whole time.

The problem is a grammer issue. It says "This is event is full." I think it should say "This event is full."

I hope that clarifies it.

Tam