11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 09-21-2009, 07:08 PM

exaes is a cornerstone of the community exaes is a cornerstone of the community
some classic pc games i really enjoyed are: the dig,planescape torment, gateway, baldurs gate , icewind dale, duke nukem, monkey island series, beneath a steel sky and neuromancer which i first played a couple months back. Most of these games i played years after they where released cause i didn't start playing pc games until i was 8 and back then i wasn't any good at english so i was limited to my choices.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
One I used to enjoy when I got my second IBM-PC compatible which had a SVGA card and a sound-blaster card was Terminal Velocity. I haven't heard much about that game, but I thought it was pretty fun.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:58 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Scorched Earth. It is an old DOS game that you have to have an emulator to run any more. It is a simple game, but it is still fun.

My Website

Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 AM

WynnFire has much to be proud of
I was playing on a computer in kindergarten around 1984. I played a game on an Apple Macintosh called Turtle. Later on I played Oregon Trail and even later Glider. All on Macs. Strange, I'm strictly a pc guy now.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:39 PM

Thewalrus345 has much to be proud of
One of my old favorites is Sim Ant. I used to play it with my mom way back and thought it was great. The Best was gathering enough soldiers to take on that damn spider constantly killing your food gatherers.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:13 PM

bwh3lch3 is a jewel in the community bwh3lch3 is a jewel in the community
So many great games! Thanks for the Lemonade Stand reminder - I thought that game was so much fun at the time!

I played a lot of Parsec and Alpiner on the TI and Kings Quest on the IBM(?). My favorite old school game has to be Friday the 13th on the C64, though.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Enthusiast

Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence Drunkenfairy is bathed in a white light of excellence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...Rebel_Universe

I spent many months playing this game on my parents' Tandy 1000, lol. I had a notebook full of explored planets. Even at 9, I was doomed.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:15 PM

HavocPrime has much to be proud of
Hexen Heretic Green Baret Doom.Terminal Velocity Great Games great ERA.Old school games are still fun to play .
Old 01-02-2012, 11:15 PM

Brainpatte has much to be proud of
There was this awesome cowboy game called Deperados. I haven't talked to anybody (besides my brother) who has played this game. It was so much fun!
Also Zork and Biomenace. I need to play that now....