11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Bug Reports & Enhancement Requests

Old 11-04-2011, 08:57 PM

CaptainDingo has much to be proud of
I'd really like to be able to find new friends.
Right now, it's pretty much impossible to find gamers who hold similar interests with me.

I primarily want to use the site almost like a dating site, except instead of finding a date, you find people who perfectly interlock with you from a gaming point of view.

If we could just get a straight up descending list of people who have the most things in common with our DNA, that'd be great. As it is, I end up slogging through Xbox players, Call of Duty players, WoW players, etc. (people I have no interest in playing with) and coming up empty. Then you have to click each individual profile to see all the points where you match.

Imagine just being able to sort the entire profile list by people who have the most points of game DNA compatibility, and automatically finding the top 10 people you're almost guaranteed to jive with. Or at least show how much we match next to their names in the list.

Sure would be nice, especially for gamers like me who aren't competitive, or don't play mainstream games. We're a rare gamer type and frankly, we can't find friends.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:15 AM

goodone is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to goodone Send a message via Skype™ to goodone
yeah, this would b great! i 2nd this!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:14 AM
gamerDNA Staff

twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED twilsonxpert CLASSIFIED
The Spotlight on the logged in member home page (http://www.gamerdna.com/member/home) already does this. Is it not finding enough users? It also search for games, game posts, images, etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 AM

goodone is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to goodone Send a message via Skype™ to goodone
hmmm, spotlight isn't very useful in this context. u still need 2 review each profile, and that takes a while. gamers matching up functionality is, therefore, still needed, and somewhat, preety logical for this service.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Most of the time, the spotlight crashes for me. I believe it's because I have so much stuff in my profile, the system can't process it all. Once in a while, though, I get a spotlight and there are always a few new people for me to follow.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk aquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.