11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Enthusiast

Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I'd pay that much to get a copy of Monster Rancher, maybe.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteraid View Post
Something I'm gonna say might not make me popular but here goes. Personally I think ROMs actually help to some degree. In the case of the Wii it's the only way to "try before you buy". I know this cause I've done it myself. It opens up so many doors for people like me who prefer retro games and can't afford or find the games and systems to play them on. I firmly believe that I would not love games as much if I didn't know about ROMs as I get increasingly more frustrated with modern games.

Rant over!
This is the one problem I have with the Virtual Console: there's no demo system in place. Every game released on XBox Live (with the exception of the Xbox Originals line for some reason) is required to have a demo. This has led me to games I might never have even considered buying. If Nintendo implemented a similar feature for the VC (and WiiWare) the number of games I'd download would likely go up. So far the only games I've downloaded have been games that I'm already familiar with.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:03 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
Totally agree. It's hard to pick out games on VC because all you get are a few measly pictures. Sure you can go and look at what other people say but for every few 9's and 10's people give there's always some 3's and 4's in there. Which of course mentally, us humans focus on the negatives! The only games I've bought off VC that I've never heard of a TurboGrafx16 games and even then I only have 6 of them. Everything else I've either played before or just wanted to play and never did.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Crab-knight has much to be proud of

/10char
Old 09-08-2009, 01:12 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
This is the one problem I have with the Virtual Console: there's no demo system in place. Every game released on XBox Live (with the exception of the Xbox Originals line for some reason) is required to have a demo. This has led me to games I might never have even considered buying. If Nintendo implemented a similar feature for the VC (and WiiWare) the number of games I'd download would likely go up. So far the only games I've downloaded have been games that I'm already familiar with.
I thought demos were a sure thing when some were available in Smash Bros. Brawl, but it's been quite a while since then...
Old 07-03-2011, 11:07 AM

Karras has much to be proud of
What a nonsense, I OWN those games in my heart, I grew up playing and replaying them day after day on my NES when I was a kid. It doesn't matter if I still have the NES or those cartridges, they are a part of my personality, since they were one of those things that shaped it.
I'll remind you something important if you forgot, why do I buy games? Because when I do, people who made them are getting paid for their hard work, and when more people buy them while it matters, bigger the chances are they'll make a new and better game. That does not work that way with old games, you won't see a sequel to Alien Soldier, even if you find and buy all the cartridges with that game left in the world, because obviously your hard-earned money will not go to anyone, who ever had anything to do with making the game, or in power to make those people gather again to make more awesome games they used to make.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 AM

Kaubs has much to be proud of
I just want to say...I think it is amazing how much attention this topic has. There are many heart felt posts and it's awesome to be a part of a community where so many people feel strongly about gaming even from a collectors standpoint or just being out to game.

Great posts guys!