11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-27-2009, 06:47 PM

exaes is a cornerstone of the community exaes is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHedgeWizard View Post
Good, good... I cannot speak for Aion or Champions Online having not played them, but recent MMO efforts have failed on my end... Age of Conan and Warhammer didn't have much staying power. What about Darkfall? It was impossible to get a copy around launch so I turned my back on that one. Have you any experience with it?
I'm trying Champions online right now, i played Aion and enjoyed it but after the first month I didn't really feel like playing anymore as for darkfall I hated it ppl kept ganking me and running of with my loot, the controls where awkward to be honest i even enjoyed runescape more then darkfall and i'm not a fan of runescape.

I think MMO's need to return to their roots bring back dath penalties like corpse runs or xp loss like in FF. more forced grouping, because the best mmo moment i have where all spent in groups and most of these memories come from games like Final Fantasy XI

- Playstationcollecting.com .. The online Playstation Collecting Community
Old 11-27-2009, 07:03 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Is that supposed to be ironic? I thought Darkfall had old school MMO branches protruding from it.

Speaking of which, I was considering returning to Asheron's Call/Ultima Online/Everquest, one of those. I don't like current MMOs that much besides SWG and LotRO.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Is that supposed to be ironic? I thought Darkfall had old school MMO branches protruding from it.
true, but i just didn't like darkfall not because it was hard but it just wasn't polished one bit in my opinion. weird controls, didn't like the graphics players where pretty elitist. maybe its because its a sandbox game, i don't know. I did like ultima and i love eve online.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:37 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Gotcha. Well, I myself am not awaiting a return to older MMOs. I want to play an MMO that is actually insistent on the RPG bit, having all those functions of a single player RPG yet in an online world. And I'm deeply wishing that TOR hits on the mark...
Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Gotcha. Well, I myself am not awaiting a return to older MMOs. I want to play an MMO that is actually insistent on the RPG bit, having all those functions of a single player RPG yet in an online world. And I'm deeply wishing that TOR hits on the mark...
oh yeah I wouldn't mind more RPG in my MMORPG's, but i'd like a bit more challenge and a bit more social gameplay through grouping as well.
you can't really roleplay much on your own, as for penalties i would think they also adds to the roleplaying value of a game.
then again everyone has different views on what would make a better mmo. I hope SW:TOR or FFXIV will deliver upon their promises and i haven't been dissapointed in bioware so far and they are working together with lucas arts on this so I have high expectations for SW: TOR

Old 11-27-2009, 08:27 PM
More Famous Than Human

Right on... after the RPG incredibility that is Dragon Age, conjured by none other than BioWare, I think that they will do well on TOR.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
By the way... my profile is a mess. And the white background is terrible. I want the old profile settings and look back. Makin' me angry
Agree with you on that one there

Old 07-04-2011, 02:19 AM

BennyOtaku has much to be proud of
This is a relatively fun and interesting game. Granted, it feels a little different compared to the typical RPG's i'm used to (Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, etc) but still an enjoyable experience.

Plus, Morrigan is pretty damn sexy. As is Leliana xD
Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Gimme Leliana Q___Q

Or Merril from Dragon Age 2, that works xD