11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
You do know this is a Ghost Ship right?
gamerDNA is a shell of what it was. Crispy Gamer acquired them, and then they did nothing with it. All employees are gone, except a sysadmin that keep it afloat part-time, and people working for Crispy Gamer selling ad space.

Founders? Gone. Community managers? Gone. New features? Never.

Just say'in. I wish it wasn't true. We worked too hard to make this happen, but it seems a flop at this point.

If there is an admin reading this (which there isn't) feel free to comment or kill this thread.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog
Old 07-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Double-thread posting madness!!!!1!!

Yeah, I suppose it classifies as such, but I keep hoping for some activity from some of the members that used to be here.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:50 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Same. I keep coming here because, even with the dearth of new content and support, it's still better than any other site I've looked at moving to.

My Website

Old 07-22-2010, 03:59 PM

the7thguest has much to be proud of
Wink I am here
I am here since yesterday and I like it
Gonna stay a bit....

Regards
Old 09-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
I don't come here much anymore...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:19 PM

Dwarden has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Dwarden Send a message via MSN to Dwarden Send a message via Skype™ to Dwarden
it's quite strange that owners of this 'ghost ship' don't bother even try capitalize it

e.g. sell to these gaming networks which seems to be flourish (raptr or playfire)

really boggling my mind because gamerDNA was in many areas (until Raptr appeared) best of all these so called gamer social networks

what a waste of good project
Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
it's quite strange that owners of this 'ghost ship' don't bother even try capitalize it

e.g. sell to these gaming networks which seems to be flourish (raptr or playfire)

really boggling my mind because gamerDNA was in many areas (until Raptr appeared) best of all these so called gamer social networks

what a waste of good project
I highly doubt either of those companies would be interested in buying gamerDNA. There isn't really much at gamerDNA to offer to them, since the community is much smaller, the technology is in a different code than both of those two sites, and there's basically no one left at the company. There aren't a lot of assets for those two companies in particular, because you'd be duplicating what they have in a lot of ways.

We tried very hard to sell gamerDNA last year to all sorts of companies, but the economy was horrible and the market wasn't ready. This year companies started to warm up to the idea of a gamer social network, but even still there hasn't been a lot of growth in that market.

To be honest, I'm not sure if gamer social networks in this form are viable businesses. When you have stuff like Steam, and companies like EA and others that are building their own types of social networks for their game communities, it's hard to provide a lot value.

That all said, hopefully gamerDNA will live on and be revived some day. That would be cool, if only because I love this website and have fond memories of working on it for almost two years straight.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
I highly doubt either of those companies would be interested in buying gamerDNA. There isn't really much at gamerDNA to offer to them, since the community is much smaller, the technology is in a different code than both of those two sites, and there's basically no one left at the company. There aren't a lot of assets for those two companies in particular, because you'd be duplicating what they have in a lot of ways.

We tried very hard to sell gamerDNA last year to all sorts of companies, but the economy was horrible and the market wasn't ready. This year companies started to warm up to the idea of a gamer social network, but even still there hasn't been a lot of growth in that market.

To be honest, I'm not sure if gamer social networks in this form are viable businesses. When you have stuff like Steam, and companies like EA and others that are building their own types of social networks for their game communities, it's hard to provide a lot value.

That all said, hopefully gamerDNA will live on and be revived some day. That would be cool, if only because I love this website and have fond memories of working on it for almost two years straight.
That makes me sad.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:02 AM

SeLeXeL has much to be proud of
Still here I see...
Glad to know gDNA is still hanging on...if only just !!
I frequent, PlayFire a little more now, and about to check out, Raptr, but I still pop back to gDNA every so often.
Whether this site survives or not, there are still games to be played...thus, opinions to share, and experiences to be told.
gDNA will reiterate...
Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM

zhenhe has much to be proud of
Gamer selling ad space.

Founders? Gone. Community managers? Gone. New features? Never.

Just say'in. I wish it wasn't true. We worked too hard to make this happen, but it seems a flop at this point.