11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Racing and Simulation

Old 04-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast

BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence BlueEyesWhiteGirl is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueEyesWhiteGirl
I think I've seen the term Combat Flight Simulator on game boxes, but I don't remember seeing it used in the forums before.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 AM

CatScratch is a cornerstone of the community CatScratch is a cornerstone of the community CatScratch is a cornerstone of the community
It's a real term. I can vouch for it. In fact, IMHO we should have a CFS quiz.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
You just want more quizzes in general, I bet.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
I still have my old flight stick from back then. WinXP doesn't even register it LOL.

I would love to see this updated. Closest thing to this I have found and played a little of over the past several years was the Space Combat in SWG. To bad the rest of the game sux LOL ; ;
Old 04-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It would be nice to replay the older ones with modern graphics. I remember thinking the graphics were bad, even by the standards of the day. It was still cool, though, because it was Star Wars.

The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Yeah, the graphics were Kinda simple polygons with rather flat textures but I think that it was done that way to keep the game running smoothly on the PCs at that time.

If they just updated the graphics and compatibility with modern hardware. Maybe a few tweaks and enhancements. I'd totally buy it.

Add in a 3D "base" setting with a 3rd person view and I will sell a kidney to get it .
Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Enthusiast

Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Svoboda is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
They could just add the stories to X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter as an expansion pack. That would be easy enough, they'd all fit on one CD and I'd buy it.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
From memory, the original X-Wing only had flat shading.
TIE Fighter introduced gouraud shading, which made everything look much nicer.
I think I thought TIE Fighter looked good at the time, especially after I saw whatever Wing Commander game was out at the time later, with its 2D sprite ships.
X-Wing vs TIE Fighter introduced texture mapping.
Thinking, I just realized I forgot about Alliance for a while, which basically improved the texture mapped look if I remember correctly, and I think added team coloured details to the ships.

I wonder how similar to the series Jumpgate Evolution will be.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
This news post on Kotaku is certainly interesting!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 PM

tune has much to be proud of
Hmm that's one of those video games I could probably play forever
Last edited by tune : 08-19-2010 at 10:45 PM.