11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 02-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Bioshock 2
So Bioshock 2 comes out in two day for the U.S. I'm really curious what people want from this game, expecting from it, and some concerns you might have.

For I really curious about multiplayer and how it's gonna play. I expect a really good story like the first one with an equally amazing atmosphere. My conern is if the team that worked on the game had to sacrifice single player for multiplayer which I feel has happening with some games (Modern Warfare 2).

So tell me what you think, I really want to know.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Not having seen the previous, I can still venture a guess:

1) very atmospheric
2) exactly like bioshock 1, but with stiffer system requirements
3) doesn't run well on a PC, button mappings are poor, severe anti-theft measures
3) extremely linear shooter

OK, that's the cynical expectations. They let me down once, they won't get my money again.

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 AM

Rolandicus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
For I really curious about multiplayer and how it's gonna play. I expect a really good story like the first one with an equally amazing atmosphere. My conern is if the team that worked on the game had to sacrifice single player for multiplayer which I feel has happening with some games .
Seeing as two different teams developed the single player and multiplayer, there shouldn't be a conflict.
I think the single player is stellar.The combat is much better than the first, which makes up for the narrative's shortcomings.
The multiplayer is fun, but leaves a lot to be desired.
Overall I am very pleased with the game.And I didn't go into it with the highest expectations...
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Enthusiast

alomo has set foot on a distinguished road
probably the best game I got in a while. I think if someone liked the first, they will like the second one.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Innovative

tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness tekhedd is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via ICQ to tekhedd Send a message via AIM to tekhedd Send a message via Yahoo to tekhedd
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekhedd View Post
Not having seen the previous, I can still venture a guess:
Argh! That should be "previews". Of course I've seen the previous... (Found it underwhelming but well-done, like a hollywood movie.)

-- We're not the crazy ones! --
Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by alomo View Post
probably the best game I got in a while. I think if someone liked the first, they will like the second one.
Sadly not in my case. If they had made a different game with this endless stream of horde mode missions I probably might have liked it. But I just couldn't get into it with Bioshock 2. I didn't even finish it and I don't even want to. That is weird for me to not even WANT to finish a game.

Thoroughly disappointed.