New Releases: What upcoming games are you looking forward to?
Sat Apr 24 @ 2pm [L.A.] UGTL 6: SFIV 3v3 Tourney & Gallery Show feat. 8BitWeapon live
UGTL 6 04/24/10
The last one was nothing short of spectacular. Now, with all eyes on UGTL, we're forced to do nothing else but step it up a notch with UGTL6- and so we have:
-Street Fighter IV 3v3 double elimination tournament!
-Live music featuring 8 Bit Weapon and ComputeHer & more!
-Debut of the Pixel Drip Gallery art show featuring exhibited and live art!
-Gorgeous new venue in the heart of Echo Park!
-Bomb dollar tacos & quesadillas served hot and ready!
-Happy hour at the bar from 2pm to 5pm!
-Vendors selling all kinds of merch!
-Casual Gaming Lounge hosted by our homies at http://AngryBananas.com
-Meat Bun - http://meatbun.us
-Cipher12 - http://cipher12.com
-All is Fighter - http://allisfighter.com
-PowerAnime - http://poweranime.com
Doors open at 2pm
Happy hour from 2pm to 5pm!
18+ to enter / 21+ to drink
On-site tournament registration begins at 2pm and ends at 5pm
Last tournament held on 01/30/10 led to Combofiend taking 1st, Combojack coming in at 2nd, and OnlineTony213 finishing it up in 3rd place.
3v3 Tournament Rules:
* Please bring your own controller! Only a few will be available on-site for use
* Teams must be registered by 5pm to participate
* Registration costs $10 per person (or $30 per team)
* Each team must be composed of 3 members
* Each team can only have 1 of each character. No duplicates!
* Players must stick with their selected character throughout the entirety of the tournament
* Player order is set up blind via the ref prior to each set
* Sets are done Pokemon style: Winning player moves on to face next team's player until all 3 players of one team are defeated
* 99 second rounds, best of 3 rounds, no handicap, no macros, no turbo, default bindings only
* Double elimination tournament: When teams are defeated for the 1st time, they are sent to a losers' bracket, after the 2nd loss they are eliminated
* 60% of the pot is awarded to the 1st place team
* 30% of the pot is awarded to the 2nd place team
* 10% of the pot is awarded to the 3rd place team
For more info, please visit http://www.theugtl.com or our SRK post at: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=225058
Live music featuring...
Our guest headlining act and chiptune legends:
8 Bit Weapon & ComputeHer - Live chiptune performance
DJ Bubba Ducc - DJ set - Spinning all the classics (Victor Chavez)
Hypest Crew - DJ set - Homebrewed Grimey Hip Hop (Christian Tincher)
Lucid - DJ set - Homebrewed Fresh Hip Hop (Tony Cole)
Enoch - DJ set - Minimal Techno House (Eric Blanco)
SXEZSKOZ - Live set - Chiptune IDM Techno (Alfredo Barraza)
This event is hosted by the good people at Rec Center Studio http://www.reccenterstudio.com
Main nearby cross-streets are Sunset/Echo Park Blvd.
Please post in the comments if you have any questions.
More details will be posted as they are made available.
Sprites featured on our flyer were created by Arthur Moy
RSVP on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=367318872058
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/UGTL Fan us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/theUGTL
Last edited by SXEZSKOZ : 03-14-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Hey guys, a little bit of last minute info about UGTL6:
The Rec Center Studio is located at 1161 Logan Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026.
There are metered parking lots located directly behind the Rec Center Studio. Street parking is also available in the surrounding area on Sunset, Glendale, Lemoyne, Logan, and Echo Park. Please check all parking signs prior to leaving your vehicle. Carpooling is recommended!
- Doors open at 2pm
- Enjoy $2/$3 beer on tap from 2pm to 5pm!
- Tournament registration closes at 5pm. All team members must be present to participate in tourney.
- Tournament begins at 530pm sharp. No exceptions!
- There will be a one hour break prior to the semi-finals (around 730pm) for a special performance by 8 Bit Weapon and ComputeHer.
- Please remember to bring your ID; all spectators and competitors must be 18+ to enter the venue.
- UGTL6 is a CASH ONLY event. There will be no ATMs on-site, but there are various banks/ATMs located along Sunset Blvd. Please bring enough with you as there will be food, drink, art, and vendor merchandise available for purchase.
- Cipher12 will most likely NOT be able to take orders on the day of the event, our apologies, he got swamped with orders and the threat of UGTL6 is a bit brutal. Forgiveness please.
- Check out the promo video jsalvadordesign.com and sxezskoz.com cooked up together: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MgBlz0n-M
- AngryBananas.com gives us the word that we will most likely have the following contests in the casual lounge:
Shaq Fu-Sega genesis
beat two bosses in the game
Super Mario Kart- Super Nintendo
fastest time on Mario circuit
R type 1-xbox360
rack up the most point in level one with one life
Metal Slug 3-Xbox360
highest points with only one life
Prize for each contest- $20 Game Play (Venice, CA) gift card
Be prepared for surprises, give-aways, and sensory overload. See you there!