11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
For me, RTSs have always been about the rush one gets when faced with crushing odds and having to scramble to eke out something approaching victory. Solving tactical problems on the fly, trying out, abandoning or refining strategies while the wolves bay outside the walls. Hell yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
competing with other houses for control of Spice (used for space travel as a fuel source)
/shakes head/

Please tell me you've at least read Dune? If you haven't, all is forgiven. If not, do yourself a favor and read one of the greatest sci-fi novels of all time. And that's not hyperbole.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM

MissBunny has much to be proud of
My first RTS was Age of Empires. I cant describe the feeling of playing that game, it just blew me away. I love the base building and the adrenalin rush when your army gets big enough for an attack.

I must admit I've probably played too many first person shooters over the last few years, and would love to get back that RTS passion
Old 03-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I enjoy a good RTS such as Age of Empires or Command & Conquer. In fact, the original C&C was the first RTS I played. Good fun to be had playing games from those series from time to time when bored. Quite sad though now to have Ensemble shut down.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:16 PM

LOLcake703 has much to be proud of
I like that with RTS's, there is always something new to learn. Especially multiplayer, where after each match you feel like you've taken something away with you and can use these experiences to keep on bettering yourself. Unlike in FPS's (which are very fun too no-doubt) where it is just a twitch fest. Also, in a way, RTS's help you with real life problems too (multi-tasking, economic management, <strike> take over the world </strike> )
Old 05-08-2009, 06:22 AM

DIRTY-STEEL has much to be proud of
Calculated!!

STARFLEEET ACADEMY CADET
-STARFLEETHEADQUARTERS-
UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 AM

L3nzy has much to be proud of
RTS is more of a tradition for me now. Almost failed middle school because of all the starcraft. I guess RTS is sort of where it all began

http://social.bioware.com/brc/933299
Last edited by L3nzy : 03-30-2010 at 02:38 AM.