11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 04-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
[Movie]Let the right one in
Låt den rätte komma in (Let the right one in)

This Swedish movie has been getting a lot of attention lately on festivals, so when I had the opportunity to see it, I did. And it deserves all the attention it has gotten. It's a small semi-horror flick following an awkward friendship between the 12 year old Oskar who gets bullied in school, and a '12' year old vampire girl Eli.

The images, conversations and camera work all add to the vibe of the movie. There's so many instances where there's just an odd stillness surrounding these two odd children.

I know you Americans don't like foreign movies, but this is definitely one worth watching. It's a dark but mostly original take on the genre together with some morbid humor. Anybody else seen it? Liked it?

A final note: The movie has been released on DVD and Bluray, HOWEVER, they contain editted subs which are just plain stupid. You can read and see an example by clicking here. There's also an English version floating around which just ruins the entire experience. So beware! Oh, and there's already an American remake planned for 2010... Please don't be a retard and watch the original version instead. Like they did with the (brilliant) Spanish zombie movie REC, they remade it into Quarantine and it was just mediocre.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
This sounds awesome! So is there a DVD version that is subtitled accurately? This definitely sounds like something I want to see.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:47 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia View Post
This sounds awesome! So is there a DVD version that is subtitled accurately? This definitely sounds like something I want to see.
Yeah there should be a new batch of dvds with the original subs. Just not sure how you can tell from looking at the box since the old versions aren't being recalled or anything.

And for those thinking that some freedom with the subs doesn't matter. There's several instances where it just doesn't make any sense, removes some of the weird humor or takes away from the relations between characters. There's a rundown that can be found here. It's a pretty good illustration of what you're missing out on. But there's obviously minor spoilers.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Heh I love foreign flicks, especially foreign Horror and Sci-Fi/Fantasy so I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for this. I saw the promo for Let The Right One In on the DVD for a Thai martial arts flick called Chocolate; which is one I'll recommend back if you've never seen it.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
This is easily the best vampire movie I've ever seen. The version I saw is the one they have on Netflix on-demand, so I don't know if it's the original subs or not, but it was still a great movie.

Chocolate is another I have on my list, and I shall watch it today.