11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
[TV]Day of the Triffids 2009
Look everybody! It's my favourite childhood memory! Day of the triffids! How many times I've read that book is beyond me. Probably one of my first encounters with an apocalypse story as well.

And now BBC makes 3 hour movie / mini serie thingy based on it!

What is it?
Day of the triffids is the story of a world gone blind, literally. Bill Masen managed to get some venom in his eye and needs an eye operation, rendering him blind for a day. Unfortunately for him, because that night there's a spectacle happening in the sky; a rare meteor shower paints the sky with gorgeous colour. But when Bill wakes up, he finds out that everybody who watched it has gone blind. Making his way through a blinded city he looks for other 'survivors'. To make matters worse triffids are making a move. Triffids being large plants whose poison can kill a human being, and then eat them. Also they can move. Normally not a problem, when you can see them coming... So besides various rogue groups trying to seize power over the city and survive, there's these plants eating the blind.

The movie adaptation has changed the setting from a post cold warrish setting to a more 2009 setting. So no meteor storm, but a solar flare. And triffids don't make the flowers in your garden grow, but are used for oil in the combat with climate change...

Harrrr....

There's been several other adaptations, and the silly big plants eating ppl always came out... quite retarded. But I watched the first half tonight, and I have to say: Quite a nice adaptation! Nice special effects, good acting and they're not skipping the social conflict luckily.

Any other fans of the book? Anybody seen the adaptation?

Old 12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Blind people running around, bumping into eachother, while evil plants try to eat them? Sounds like a comedy.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Blind people running around, bumping into eachother, while evil plants try to eat them? Sounds like a comedy.
Have to admit, I wonder what the director told the people acting blind... "Move about like a complete retard, falling needlessly and just shout out random stuff... like a zombie." =/
Old 12-31-2009, 12:21 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
So Zombie Blind people running around, bumping around into eachother, while evil plants try t oeat them? lol

Old 12-31-2009, 04:54 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem View Post
Have to admit, I wonder what the director told the people acting blind... "Move about like a complete retard, falling needlessly and just shout out random stuff... like a zombie." =/
Really? So it's actually like that? I have to watch this thing.