11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 09-17-2009, 02:22 AM

Animal85205 is a paragon of the community Animal85205 is a paragon of the community Animal85205 is a paragon of the community Animal85205 is a paragon of the community Animal85205 is a paragon of the community
It's true, though. The bulk of all people are just here to read. Most people, if they do bother to stop and post on a regular basis, only do so on one or two of the many sites they visit.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
......Well I just wanna shoot zombays.

I think I've become more of a first-person shooter and survival horror type. I used to play RPGs until Final Fantasy started to bite, back there at FFX. Really, I'll play anything though.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
I notice I tend to play in blocks, I'll play an FPS like UrT incessantly every night for a week, then play Runescape or Sim City for a week, then switch to the Sims 2 or Angband. I don't switch around a lot generally I get locked on to a game until I tire of it, then I play something else till I've had it with it. Then I play lots of older games that don't require more than a few minutes, like Frogger or Dig Dug, and I usually do that when I don't have time to get into a serious game.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 AM

XavierThirtyTwo is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to XavierThirtyTwo Send a message via MSN to XavierThirtyTwo
Yeah, I tend to play in large blocks like that. I'll play the same 2-3 games for 3-4 months at a time. For the past two months it's been nothing but Rock Band 2 and BlazBlue. Before that it was Street Fighter IV and Call of Duty 4. Before that it was almost nothing but Team Fortress 2, etc.

I find it's best to let myself become absorbed with a game I feel like playing. This especially goes with RPGs. I am such a completionist I'll spend like 120hrs on one playthrough so I get everything.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
When I joined from a link on 360voice.com (which is run by most of the same staff), the site had just underwent the change over from Guild Cafe to GamerDNA. The reason I have stuck around is because of the people I have met on the site and had great (and often quite hilarious) interactions with on the forums. Also, I am one of the top active members on the forums and have a decent collection of games with no MMOs in it at all.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:03 PM

MarvzMitts has much to be proud of
I joined up through 360 Voice also. I only play on the 360 now, my MMO days are over. Not sure how much I will be posting here, just started to browse the forums and I'm slowly adding games to my DNA.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
I've been trying to add all my games (and I mean ALL) to my list but not finding the time to trawl through everything. I've never played an MMO either. I found this site cause I thought the idea of keeping track of games is pretty cool. Just didn't expect there to be a friendly community attached to it.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
When I came across this website I wanted to use it for most of the same reasons you guys do. From track games I want to what I've been doing in them.

I usually don't like to post because back on IGN, Gamespot, GameFAQ it was mainly trolls and flamers. I got sick of dealing with morons. But most of my friends on Twitter, and other sites still wanted me to post things so I figured I'd try it here.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post
When I came across this website I wanted to use it for most of the same reasons you guys do. From track games I want to what I've been doing in them.

I usually don't like to post because back on IGN, Gamespot, GameFAQ it was mainly trolls and flamers. I got sick of dealing with morons. But most of my friends on Twitter, and other sites still wanted me to post things so I figured I'd try it here.
It's basically the same thing with me. I am always wary of making posts when I first join something, although for me it was mostly because of advertisers and whiners I had encountered on other forums.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 AM

Razor-I is community member of note
I actually came here for the quizzes. I stayed because I thought the forums might be interesting. But there never seems to be much to talk about. I don't really watch games because, well I don't really care...

Any who, hopefully I'll find something to talk about here so I'll be more active.