11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
I havent read trough this thread so forgive my possible off topicness.. but reading the title...

no.. Warrock and crossfire are NOT mmofps games.. they are simple lobby based first person shooters...

a real mmofps is:
WW2 online
Planetside
Endless Ages (no link... website dead )
Huxley
The Agency

what makes these games real mmofps as opposed to the ones in the title?
simple.. they have persistant worlds, not 'your in, your out' lobby based gameplay.

please understand i'm NOT trying to troll here, but its something i'd like to set straight
Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM

Ishadows has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
as long as its free i'll play it. yes im cheap. and i have no money right now.
Lmao nice answer...

My vote its 4 CF,not lot of hackers =/
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 AM

OwnageShot has much to be proud of
Warrock is now hack infested. I go in a game the whole teams speed hacking, in crossfire theirs 1 hackers in 1 channel
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Sorry to repeat whats already been said, but why is every FPS coming out on the PC calling themselves MMOs? This retarded trend is even starting to branch out to text games like "Omerta" www.barafranca.com and horrible browser fighters like "Disciple" www.disciplemmo.com. Hell, with Disciple they even have the nerve to put it in the title. I understand the idea behind the concept, but that doesn't mean you can instantly classify it as an MMO.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemane View Post
Sorry to repeat whats already been said, but why is every FPS coming out on the PC calling themselves MMOs? This retarded trend is even starting to branch out to text games like "Omerta" www.barafranca.com and horrible browser fighters like "Disciple" www.disciplemmo.com. Hell, with Disciple they even have the nerve to put it in the title. I understand the idea behind the concept, but that doesn't mean you can instantly classify it as an MMO.

thank you, its great to know my frustration at these mmofps wannabes is not mine alone, infact.. respect
Old 08-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKain View Post
thank you, its great to know my frustration at these mmofps wannabes is not mine alone, infact.. respect
I feel ya man. I've played a bunch of MMOs and these games definitely aren't in the same category as them. I hate false advertising and this taking liberties with genre classifying is getting annoying, not to mention as I said before its starting to become a bigger problem.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:22 AM

OwnageShot has much to be proud of
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemane View Post
I agree with you. They better stop that.