11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Bioshock 2 MP
So we know that Bioshock 2 will have MP, but how do you think it will be? Will there be something like COD4 where as you level up you'll get new weapons and plasmids or will you find them around the map?

Do you think Bioshock 2 should have MP? sometimes when a game has MP they seem to slack on the story.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Hopefully no slacking on the story considering the whole MP component is being outsourced to another studio. It will be interesting to see if they can balance out the plasmids fairly in MP. We shall see.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I don't care. I loved the story of the first Bioshock, and that's what I'm coming back to the sequel for.

Plus, I kinda suck at MP. Only MP game I've ever done even remotely well in is CoD4, where I'm not excellent, but I'm not absolute shite, either.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:50 AM

SwordFish95 is a jewel in the community
I read in PC Gamer that you'll be able to have 3 different customizable loadouts with 2 plasmids, 2 weapons, and 3 gene tonics.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish95 View Post
I read in PC Gamer that you'll be able to have 3 different customizable loadouts with 2 plasmids, 2 weapons, and 3 gene tonics.
that sounds a lot like F.E.A.R 2's MP setup.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM

LeftyRedbeard has set foot on a distinguished road
I like this idea more than a COD4 setup.
Everything available to everyone but you have to decide what your going to take into a match before you start.
I liked COD4 but my problem with the MP was that you had to seriously play it, acquire perks, level up etc, etc. As a casual gamer I was getting owned everytime I tried to get back into it.
My fave MP types lean more towards Gears of War and Halo. Everyone starts the same, you just bring your own knowledge and skill.

Looking forward to Bioshock 2 and it's MP.... so long as I don't spawn as a little sister.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:15 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I'm not hopeful, very few games have a good singleplayer and multiplayer. I'm pretty sure the singleplayer is gonna be good so... It could be godo though, just from reading bits here and there I've built up some epic multiplayer where it's similar to CoD4 multiplayer experience systems, but the actual gameplay being something more original. As long as the single player is as good as the last one one I won't be too worried if the multiplayer turns out to be lame.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:57 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
Now I sit me down to game,
Pray BS2 not be lame,
If SP or MP suck,
......um....I'll be cheesed off.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Enthusiast

trust me I would be pissed to. but they extended the release date so it should (in theory) be up to par if not better then expected. close to release they should have a MP demo, so the fans can check it out.