11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 PM

moranga is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to moranga
Madworld-Delightfully Violent
Has anyone here played this game? I just recently rented it through Gamefly and I was kind of surprised by it's awesomeness. It's hilarious, great to look at and a lot of fun to play. A little addicting too, which can be worrisome since what's so addicting is finding new, exciting ways to kill people.

It's great just to have a Wii game that is by no means kid friendly. That alone would have made it a good buy but it also has some wonderful, easy to use controls. And the multiplayer challenges is a nice way to blow off some steam or to show a friend how malicious you can be.

Oh, and could there be more blood in this game?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I enjoyed Madworld for about a day or so, then it got kind of repetitive. Plus, all the wild gesticulation required to remove somebody's head just plain wore me out. Not surprising, since my body is the shape of a festive Christmas ham and the consistency of cookie dough.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
I felt the game's a bit of a novelty thing.. once you get over the awesome sincity graphics and had enough giggling like a schoolgirl everytime you stuck a spike up a guys behind... it just got repetitive... also i hated how everyone was calling it easy even tho i had alot of trouble with the bosses and some of the levels..
Old 08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKain View Post
I felt the game's a bit of a novelty thing.. once you get over the awesome sincity graphics and had enough giggling like a schoolgirl everytime you stuck a spike up a guys behind... it just got repetitive...
Novelty? Repetitiveness? On the Wii? No wai!!
Just kidding.

I'd play it by I don't have a Wii. Plan on getting one in a month or so after I hit the ground on new job. And watch the day after I buy one they will announce a price cut... would be my luck.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:11 PM

I've only played the first level, so maybe I'll tire of it too the more I play. I can understand that if the game doesn't start to offer more than the pure glee of dragging a body and impaling it to the wall, it'll bore.

I am glad I rented it though because even if I complete the game I'm not sure it would hold up in repeat playings.

Quote:
I'd play it by I don't have a Wii. Plan on getting one in a month or so after I hit the ground on new job. And watch the day after I buy one they will announce a price cut... would be my luck.
I keep thinking the same thing about an Xbox 360 or the PS3 (well, the PS3 more so since Little Big Planet and the upcoming DCU Online mock me all the time!). The only current console I own is the Wii and I keep holding out for a price drop on the other systems. It's hard to expand the types of games you play when all you've got is a Wii.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by moranga View Post
I've only played the first level, so maybe I'll tire of it too the more I play. I can understand that if the game doesn't start to offer more than the pure glee of dragging a body and impaling it to the wall, it'll bore.

I am glad I rented it though because even if I complete the game I'm not sure it would hold up in repeat playings.

I keep thinking the same thing about an Xbox 360 or the PS3 (well, the PS3 more so since Little Big Planet and the upcoming DCU Online mock me all the time!). The only current console I own is the Wii and I keep holding out for a price drop on the other systems. It's hard to expand the types of games you play when all you've got is a Wii.

I find you can have anything you need on the PC, I got the Wii cos its different.

also, once you experience Motion plus you know you made the right choice on the Wii.. cant wait for red steel 2
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKain View Post
also, once you experience Motion plus you know you made the right choice on the Wii.. cant wait for red steel 2
I plan on buying Wii Sports Resort tonight so I'll be picking up the Motion plus. I can't wait to try it out!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Yeah, lot of pressure for Sony to lower the price and speculation points towards it lowering when the Slim is released(also half speculation). I imagine Microsoft will move to lower their price a bit to steal some of Sony's thunder. Then with the Wii's sales stagnate over the last month or so there's some pressure there to lower price. Especially since the price hasn't changed at all since launch. But mostly speculation though.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Trainer23667 has much to be proud of
I own this game and its just like No More Heroes to me, except i'm a bit biased and like NMH better, BUUUUT, the soundtrack in Madworld is just awesome. Sticking a a pole into someones head, tossing them in a trasch can and throwing them onto a deadly steel-thorned rose bush while listening to bass shattering music?
Simply, Awesome.