11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 AM

GuiltyDragon has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to GuiltyDragon
"More" doesn't nessessarily mean "fun", but if they get the tech working smoothly, I'll be impressed.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I agree. You don't always want more. Sometimes, less is more fun.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
That's true, adding to much stuff can kill any great idea. I'm curious how the lag will be. Zipper talked about cutting it down and then making the areas smaller so it would be easier for people to find battles.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Enthusiast

kanashi is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to kanashi Send a message via MSN to kanashi Send a message via Yahoo to kanashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyDragon View Post
"More" doesn't nessessarily mean "fun", but if they get the tech working smoothly, I'll be impressed.
Adding to GuiltyDragon's post usually too many does = less fun because there are too many people involved making each individual person feel less important to the cause. If the designers have kept the player in mind while creating the objectives and the teams moving around it could work. Having it so that each team has it's own objectives apearing.

I do foresee two big problems with the game which is both the connection with the PlayStation network and the amount of players that will have Rambo Syndrome. It's just a fact that way too many players can't work as a team and want to be the solo glory. On the bright side if you can find 256 friends to play the game with your set!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:22 PM

Reaper011 has much to be proud of
The game looks amazing, the E3 video (below) looks like the game is nearly ready for release now.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mag/50270
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM

wjfox46 has much to be proud of
This game looks like it'll be a lot of fun I really hope the servers will deal with the huge load of players in one server. But the problem I see is I think run and gun might not work so well since there's probably gonna be people looking everywhere you might have to move to a more tactical game play strategy like how I believe it was gamespot that said when they tried running they kept getting shot so they had to camp more. Although I dun really care, with that many people it'll be amazing nevertheless.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
For those following MAG it will be release on 1-26-09.

http://gamingtrailerstv.webs.com/app...1358-mag-dated-
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post
For those following MAG it will be release on 1-26-09.

http://gamingtrailerstv.webs.com/app...358-mag-dated-
Correction: The release date is set for 1-26-10. Thank you, fleshy meatsacks.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Personally this game annoys me... It irritates me that people make such a big deal out of 256 players when planetside did it before and did it way better.. 900...

having said that, I like the look of this game and would have been an absolute must have if i had a ps3... its the hype that irritates me i guess not the game itself
Old 08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
Correction: The release date is set for 1-26-10. Thank you, fleshy meatsacks.
...dammit, thanks for correcting me. I must really like this year that's not the first time I've used 09 for another year.

I understand where your coming from KrazyKain, but this game will be very close to what Planetside was before all its stupid updates...well minus the future look and the Mechs. I loved Planetside and played it from Beta to a full year before they started adding all the stupid updates. That caused all my friends to start leaving. I was the last original member of the Guild Zour Hour before I turned it over to Sublime. I have some wonderful memories of that game. So I'm interested in MAG because most of my friends finally want to get back together for a war game agan.