11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Tracy Lords as the prosecuting attourney and Bruce Campbell as the defense attourney.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
Tracy Lords as the prosecuting attourney and Bruce Campbell as the defense attourney.
And the cast of CSI Miami as the police who make the arrest!

Seriously though, this whole thing seems pretty harsh to me. However, I can't say for certain whether or not he deserved punishment without knowing the full extent of the mods. If he was truly just upgrading them to have better hard drives then I think the charges are BS, even if it's illegal. I mean, you can buy a generic hard drive that's better than the ones that Microsoft has for the 360 for a lot less money... I've wanted to upgrade from my 20 gig for a while but I just won't do it for the price Microsoft wants.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
Even in light of the fact that the guy was turning a profit, it's a bit harsh. Over a year of prison for a copyright violation is harsh. We'll ignore the fact that I usually want to choke the life out of modders...jokingly, of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDMAMMOTH View Post
And the cast of CSI Miami as the police who make the arrest!
The Horacio Guide to Making an Arrest:
1- Keep sunglasses on
2- Position head so that you're facing slightly down, and at a 45 degree angle to the perp
3- Slowly say something dramatic and slightly relevant (ex- "Those snooping kids tipped us off.")
4- Say perps name
5- Repeat what was said in Step 3
6- Have a uniformed cop take the perp into custody
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

boycotting has set foot on a distinguished road
this case is ridiculous.. whats the odds of 2 juries?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
If this was selling pirated/copied games, I wouldn't be as sympathetic, but 10 years, for selling a console with a larger hard drive? I don't see anything wrong with that, apparently it is too expensive to mass produce large hard drives and sell them at a price most people would spend on them. I mean this guy has to buy the original consoles anyway, and then adds more storage space and sells them for a profit.

Most people wouldn't buy modded consoles anyway, only those that really wanted the extra hard drive space would purchase it anyway. I mean the guy wasn't selling pirated games on the hard drive, and anyone can swap out the hard drives as it is, when it gets full.

If he copied games and sold it for a profit that would be one thing, but he just seemed to be purchasing parts and upgrading a system and made the profit from combining two separate things as once.

10 years is ridiculous, then again if the judge/jury is ignorant about technology to start with, they could probably be sold on anything.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:57 PM

MechaHandz has much to be proud of
Honestly 10 years for a crime like this?! Its ridiculous. Anyone who agrees with this isn't really thinking it through.