11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Some of the AI wingmen in X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter say some pretty stupid things which make me wonder how they passed their flight tests. "Oh, wow! You took out their <fillintheblank>!" when you just took out something totally useless, such as a docking plate, for example.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:08 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
Some of the AI wingmen in X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter say some pretty stupid things which make me wonder how they passed their flight tests. "Oh, wow! You took out their <fillintheblank>!" when you just took out something totally useless, such as a docking plate, for example.
It's been my experience that whenever a game has a multiplayer focus, the AI Both used for the single player are the acme of foolishness. Without being able to quote directly, my examples are Quake Online, any of the Unreal Tournaments, and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

It's like the designers just don't know how real people speak.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:41 PM

LeftyRedbeard has set foot on a distinguished road
Snigger snigger... bots in Quake.
In the original game on PC I once skinned about five bots as superhero characters... then because I was bored with them I managed to lock them all in one secret room on one of the levels.... they couldn't open any doors, you see.

Well... maybe you had to be there.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
LoL, I'd of loved to have to seen that one.

"Faster that a speeding bullet"

"Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound"

--sits there and bumps repeatedly into the door---

"Dumber than a sack of bricks"

Old 08-09-2009, 06:34 PM

PompousKristina has much to be proud of
The entire character cast of the Tekken series and Chai Xianghua from the Soul series. 'Nuff said.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:10 PM

Dacimannes is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Dacimannes
Captain Keys from Halo: Combat Evolved. If I have to save that wrinkled ass one more time, I'll go nuts.

'Cept maybe that...
Old 08-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I have another GTA related character, Roman Bellic. Everything he said seemed to anger me in some way, and I know all the GTA4 characters enjoyed harrasing Niko via phone, but Roman was the worst. "Hey cousin! Let's go do some mundane activity where I can talk in an annoying way about random things you don't care about, then moan after you win the activity." Family shmamily, more than once I accepted his offers to go bowling just so I could beat him down and then drive off, he never learnt though.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Yuor entire squad in Clive Barker's Jericho. Again, another broken game, but some elements were good. The Squad AI on the other hand wasn't. you were constantly going around healing these idiots because they sometimes just stood there while enemies came at them, or you, and died so many times I lost count. I think I healed my entire squad like....10 or 15 times....on THE FIRST LEVEL!!!

Plus the ending sucked. Reminded me too much of Assassin's Creed end.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 AM

Zero21x has much to be proud of
Weird guy in the Library In Brave Fencer Musashi Then the weird guy at the bar in Musashi Samurai Legend Why? cause they hit on me.... when i come in the room T-T
Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 AM
Enthusiast

lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to lotusthefallen Send a message via MSN to lotusthefallen Send a message via Yahoo to lotusthefallen
Hehe I have to agree with the guildmaster from Fable. I wanted to kill that bastard so many times. I seriously hate the over talkative remind me of a 13 year old with ADD NPCs that make me want to turn around and kill them with friendly fire before moving on as if nothing happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompousKristina View Post
...Chai Xianghua from the Soul series. 'Nuff said.
AMEN!

I know it would be old, and very off the point. But for anyone that's played the major old school game Duck Hunt would relate with me. It is the most loved to hate NPC I've ever come across in my gamer life. I still to this day would adore to find a cheat to be able to unlock a "Kill the Snidly Whiplash Dog" level.

To who ever was ranting about Dante. I agree they destroyed his entire attitude in DMC2. I was rather greatful they gave his traditional attitude back in DMC3. Yet I still can't bring myself to play DMC4.

Yet when it comes down to it. I think one of the worest characters I've come across in single player PC games. I really hated the 'good angel' from Black and White. He was just a little too annoying at times and that poor devil just never had enough smart ass to cover it up at times. Made me wish I could god smack the angel around a while just for GP.