11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Multiplayer Strategy & RTS Games

Old 08-02-2009, 04:33 AM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
Fat Princess, FT...W?
So, I downloaded Fat Princess tonight, because of the controversy surrounding it, and because of the belief (more on the incorrect belief later) that it was a simple "make-your-opponents-princess-fatter-than-your-own" game.

Playing through my weekly 1 Vs. 100 Live session, I was ultimately looking forward to diving into a new game. Those of you who know me (and I imagine it's very few, considering I'm a new member on a fairly new site) know that I'm a big fan of the RTS. And Fat Princess seemed to me that it was a brand new spin on the RTS genre.

One of the greatest thing I've always felt about RTSes is, the tutorial shows you how to play the game, and then you take that knowledge and make the game your own. Sadly, this is not the case with Fat Princess.

Basically, I was given a digital version of a player manual (essentially, How-to do this and How-to do that) and then thrust into the game. With random pop-ups saying "If you want this to happen, then you should do this.) Which would normally be enough, if there weren't characters spawning all around me, and hats being distributed, and teammates carrying resources past me, and pieces of cake flying around.

In the end, this game LOOKS beautiful. It seems like it could be quite a lot of fun to play (single player, OR multiplayer) but, my problem is I don't know HOW to play it.

Is there anyone on the "friendliest gamer community on teh interwebs" that can help me figure out how I'm supposed to play this game?
Old 08-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrODoyle View Post
Is there anyone on the "friendliest gamer community on teh interwebs" that can help me figure out how I'm supposed to play this game?
Oh how far we have fallen...
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Abbaddon has much to be proud of
You're not trying to make your enemy's princess fat. There's only one princess, which both teams make fat, and you want her to be in your camp when she becomes too fat to pick up. Think of it as capture the flag, except that the flag eats cake and gets really heavy.

The main strategy is still to capture the flag and bring it back, but now you have a substrategy of deciding how much to feed her and when, so that when she reaches "critical mass," you have her. If you get to close and the enemy captures her, they can feed her that last piece of cake and win the game.