11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-25-2009, 03:21 PM

StondMoose is community member of note
Wii, Star Wars and Me
I was walking around Wal-Mart and I saw Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for 20 bucks. I thought, hey that game is 20 bucks now. I have a Wii and I wanted to play this game. But I stopped. Why is the game 20 bucks now? I decided to wait and read a review at wii.ign.com. They gave the game a 7.5

Now I would like to know who has played this version of the game (Wii) and is it a good buy at 20, or should I leave the game alone? I want an opinion that is not primarily a critic s they have a tendancy to critique the game a little more hardcore than just a normal person.

Thanks in advance. Going to play some Call of Duty: World at War.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
yeah its very much worth it... the story is the main selling point in my opinion, it feels like an official filler between the old trilogy and the new.

the gameplay is actually very good too, even moreso on your second playtrough because nothing beats that feeling of being an overpowered jedi.

Also the duel mode is great if you can keep yourself and your opponent from overusing force lightning.

verdict: yes buy it
Old 06-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence Dryad is bathed in a white light of excellence
It's $20 because you found it in Wal-Mart. Next year, it will be $19 at Wal-Mart. This is simply how Wal-Mart does business.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:23 AM

flyingwarpigs has set foot on a distinguished road
I have the game, it's okay. The voice acting sucks, the cut scenes suck, the storyline is very shallow. In my opinion, the gameplay is what makes it worth it. It's really fun, is what I am saying. If you aren't a fan of waving your arm around non stop, then don't get it. If you don't mind, then definately pick it up. It's not the best game ever, but 20$ is a good price, go and pick it up. And if you keep the receipt, you can return it, right?

Follow me on twitter! - www.twitter.com/infamous14
Old 06-27-2009, 04:47 AM

StondMoose is community member of note
Sweet guys. Thanks.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:32 PM

Mauddib930 has much to be proud of
I love the game, I love the jedi battles, I love how Darth Vader basically forced his Aprentice to form the rebel aliance.

... it's a fun game, he's right though, it's not the best... it's pretty fun though.

one thing I didn't like, is therre's no left hand mode. if you'r a lefty you have to learn to reverse your reactions... it took me a retarted long time to learn that...
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 AM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
Yeah... it's great! I bought it on release day for the Xbox 360 --- $59.99. I don't regret it for a second. The story is great, the gameplay is spectacular, and the Force powers at your command are awesome!

They just released a second DLC pack for it, so lots of additional content besides the retail version.

EDIT: The only Star Wars game I enjoyed as much was Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles for the PS1!!! That game was awesome, too!!!

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Last edited by xMac73 : 07-19-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Additional thought~