11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 05:26 PM

Albondigas has much to be proud of
Top Ten Video/Computer Games of All Time Period!!!
Warning!! This is not a Nintenheadís top ten list. There is no Mario game on this list! Honestly I think the entire series is crap and not fun to play at all. As a child my parents wouldnít get me a console. My earliest gaming was on an Apple IIGS, but that was soon replaced by a PC. My first console was an NES that I bought from a friend for 20 bucks when he got a Super Nintendo. In eighth grade I found a Commodore 64 in the garbage with 25 games and got it running again, which was also sweet. As a result I learned to love PC and console games equally. Frankly I donít see why people pick one or the other all the time. I donít really see the difference. I picked these games based on how much fun they are to play. Does anything else really matter?

10. Golden Eye makes this list, but it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Two of my closet friends freshman year were really good. I lost to them way to many times. Thus my favorite settings were land mines in the basement. It was the grand equalizer, and in many ways reflected the absurdity of war. But this game did make my room the center of gaming on my hall freshman year. Ultimately we are all still talking about it. And dispite all the losses I have plenty of happy memories from this game.

9. Tekken Tag Tournament dropped the summer I graduated from high school. It dominated my social life for the rest of the summer. And I loved it! Eddy has the coolest moves I have ever seen in a fighting game, though he can be really cheap. But being able to tag out was the great equalizer of this game and made it great. I remember countless times my friends nearly came to real life blows over this game, which is a really good indication of how rocking it was.

For the rest check out. http://www.popten.net/2009/07/top-te...l-time-period/
Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 PM

Retsamypoc is community member of note
I'd have to pick everything on that list that was made by blizzard: Diablo, Starcraft and Wow.Can't understand why GTA4 is on that list since far from perfect.Imo San Andreas is better in a many ways.

Edit: I just noticed civ 4 is ranked 1st?I'm a fan but i wouldn't go as far as to say it's the best ,not even out of that list.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I accept this list, it obviously qualifies as the only list to use if you want to list the top ten video/computer games of all time. Period.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
What, no Tetris or Pac-Man?

That's the problem with lists of this type. They're very subjective. Great for starting debates (and many arguments and flame wars), but ultimately only reflect one person's tastes. Or in this case, one person and a partially dancing dinosaur.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 AM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
Making lists like this is almost always flamebait. Sorry, but everyone always disagrees. My list is going to be far different than yours, but I could argue it pretty solidly. Some people's lists will be based on sales (Tetris, Mario, Sims, etc) and some on groundbreaking nature or later influence (Nethack, etc)

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog