11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
I know people are playing this game --- but no talk about it?

C'mon, this is too good a game not to share. It really reminds me of Two Worlds.

Here are some possible topics of interest for the game. Answer 1 or answer them all, or talk about something else in the game.

I'll start.
  • How long have you played it (hours)? 8
  • How much of the map have you uncovered (%)? 4%
  • How many kills do you have? 1,200+
  • What character are you playing as? Warrior
  • What's your favorite character? Only played with Warrior so far
  • You playing this game on a PC or Xbox 360? Xbox 360
  • What's your gamerscore (Xbox 360) in the game? 20/1000

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 07-01-2009, 09:36 PM

stashnet has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMac73 View Post
I know people are playing this game --- but no talk about it?

C'mon, this is too good a game not to share. It really reminds me of Two Worlds.

Here are some possible topics of interest for the game. Answer 1 or answer them all, or talk about something else in the game.

I'll start.
  • How long have you played it (hours)? Way more than 8
  • How much of the map have you uncovered (%)? 20%
  • How many kills do you have? idk?
  • What character are you playing as? Right now, Seraphim
  • What's your favorite character? Guess I'd pick Dryad
  • You playing this game on a PC or Xbox 360? PS3
  • What's your gamerscore (Xbox 360) in the game? n/a
I do like this game - not sure about the Xbox version but the MP in game voice session doesn't ever work right when you add more than 2 players it seems. The map is huge - I wonder exactly how many quests there are?
Old 07-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I played for a couple hours before I couldn't stand it anymore. Hated the camera, the controls were floaty, the upgrading and leveling mechanics were a bit on the obtuse side, and the mission structure rarely deviated from the "go here, kill x number of bad guys (or collect x number of doodads), return to quest giver for meager reward". The graphics were good, when the camera wasn't spinning around in a vain attempt to follow my character around. The comparison to Two Worlds is apt, as that game was a shallow copy of Oblivion, while this game is a shallow copy of Diablo 2. Still, at least somebody is enjoying their time with Sacred 2.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
I played for a couple hours before I couldn't stand it anymore. Hated the camera, the controls were floaty, the upgrading and leveling mechanics were a bit on the obtuse side, and the mission structure rarely deviated from the "go here, kill x number of bad guys (or collect x number of doodads), return to quest giver for meager reward". The graphics were good, when the camera wasn't spinning around in a vain attempt to follow my character around. The comparison to Two Worlds is apt, as that game was a shallow copy of Oblivion, while this game is a shallow copy of Diablo 2. Still, at least somebody is enjoying their time with Sacred 2.
What system are you playing on? I've heard a lot of ppl compare it to Diablo 2...I cant since I haven't played.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stashnet View Post
What system are you playing on? I've heard a lot of ppl compare it to Diablo 2...I cant since I haven't played.
I played it on my 360. I have since traded in the game. I just didn't enjoy it, and if I don't enjoy a game, I don't play it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 AM

Azose has much to be proud of
same experience as the above poster, the game was fun for about 3 hours, after that it just got mindnumbingly boring, quests were not fun or engaging, and not much need for such a large world when i rarely found anything overly exciting about it....haven't touched it since.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
It's a shame I never played Diablo II --- I'd probably have liked it!

Well, I hit 13 hours of gameplay last night. My Shadow Warrior is now at Level 15. I've got 3,000+ kills, and I've discovered just 7% of the map --- thank God for the teleports, hehe.

The game boasts to have 600+ quests --- I've only completed 28 of them so far.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the rings or the runes. I've got so many now. Are we supposed to equip the most powerful/useful one and sell/scrap the rest? Can multiple rings be used at the same time? Can they be combined to form more powerful rings? Anyone know?

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 07-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Cardell has much to be proud of
Can you meet others, have a custom character, custom soundtracks, and coop? might try this game

Old 07-04-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMac73 View Post
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use the rings or the runes. I've got so many now. Are we supposed to equip the most powerful/useful one and sell/scrap the rest? Can multiple rings be used at the same time? Can they be combined to form more powerful rings? Anyone know?
You can equip multiple runes/rings...they each have a different level and offer different things...so pick which ones you want to equip and of course you can always change it...sell off the rest. Can't be combined to form more powerful rings but they can be forged into some armor or weapons at the higher levels. (Visit a blacksmith, and you have to unequip to forge them). Hope that helps!
Old 07-04-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardell View Post
1. Can you meet others, 2. have a custom character, 3 custom soundtracks, and 4 coop? might try this game
1 and 4 Yes, but depending on which system you're using the coop tends to be a bit buggy on the PS, you can invite just your friends (up to 4 players total) or join another coop
2. There are diff characters to play (check out Sacred2.com to see all of them), customization is minimal
3. No