11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Is there pirated game software on your computer right now?
No. All 100% legit and paid for. Down with piracy! 60 51.72%
hmmm yes. I'm a hypocrite! Down with piracy! (cough) ... 16 13.79%
Yes... and I think piracy's OK. 40 34.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2009, 05:52 PM

Moofey is a jewel in the community Moofey is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Moofey Send a message via MSN to Moofey Send a message via Skype™ to Moofey
In terms of game piracy, no. I can't fathom myself to pirate a game.

This just pertains to the video game industry, though.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community
Piracy is fine , if you downloading singleplayer games only ^^.Seriously , there is nothing worse than buying game for 30-40€ for singleplayer purpose only and completing it in like a 2-3 days ;/ (I know that i can exchange it at shop anytime , but for me its nonsense . If you bought something already you should keep it .That's my rule tbh)
Old 06-22-2009, 06:31 AM

mookyvet is a jewel in the community
I used to pirate a LOT, but the habit's pretty much died for several reasons:

1) College. The internet connections here make it unworth the trouble, and student discounts on software are pretty sweet.

2) I have a job, so there's really no excuse.

3) Half.com

4) Free software, like The Gimp and Blender, are good replacements for a lot of things and having technical support for software that you've actually paid for is really nice.

I think I may still have a few things hanging around, but so far my collection of pirated things have slowly been dwindling.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:31 PM

amedeus8 is a jewel in the community amedeus8 is a jewel in the community
Man, with the economy the way it is? Until I can even find a job and a steady paycheck, I'm trying to hold off on buying things as much as I can - though I still find myself buying XBLA games every so often, I really can't help myself when Sonic 3 is only five bucks.

I find myself pirating some games I would normally buy in any other instance, but I AM a collector so you can rest assured that any of the ones worth buying will be bought, and I have a couple now that I fully intend to purchase once I get paid again.

Music and movies are a different story. The last couple months I was seeing a movie a week in the theater for ten bucks a pop. I've served my duty to the biz and am prepared to pilfer the Internet for all the action/comedy goodness it can possibly muster.

Hyar! Set sail, lads!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 AM

SwordFish95 is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofey View Post
In terms of game piracy, no. I can't fathom myself to pirate a game.

This just pertains to the video game industry, though.
Same here.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 AM

Sharpshin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sharpshin Send a message via Yahoo to Sharpshin
I usually give media the "pirate test". I'll download it and if it's good I generally turn right around and buy it, if it fails at existence and turns out to be a waste of time I won't waste my money. When it comes to console games I use a similar philosophy but I subscribe to GameFly, renting games rather than downloading.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
The last time I pirated software was for the Dreamcast, and it was only because I had a friend who was the manager of my local GameStop (it was FuncoLand back then, sigh...) who gave me a disc to "hack" my DC and play pirated games which cost me nothing. It was cool, and I didn't really feel too bad about it. It was only the DC.

I don't know how to pirate software for my 360, and I don't think I would if I could, simply because I dream of being a game designer, and I wouldn't want anyone "stealing" my game, because I want my game to pay the bills.

I don't pirate software for my PC, because I'm scared of virii, and am not really sure how to do it.

I do pirate music, but only when I can find it legitimately one Zune (die, iTunes, die.)