11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-16-2009, 01:09 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
New Xbox 360 in 2010?
Maybe... LINK.

Text:
"Microsoft's innovative "Natal" motion recognition controller technology caught everyone's eye at its unveiling this month, but a new batch of rumors indicates the company may have more in mind than just adding a camera to the Xbox 360.
Instead -- if you believe the rumors -- it's planning to roll out an upgraded, Natal-packing Xbox in fall of 2010. 1UP.com, which broke the rumor this weekend, hypothesizes the new machine could carry the name "Xbox Natal", and be equipped with an upgraded, more powerful version of the Xbox 360's current hardware. Existing games would still run on the new machine, but new games would be able to take advantage of the revamped internals to provide better visuals -- a move that'll please developers who've reached the limits of the current platform.
1UP compares the rumored "Xbox Natal" to the Nintendo Wii, which built upon the Nintendo Gamecube, making incremental improvements and overhauling the controls with innovative, consumer-friendly motion-sensitive tech. And we all know how that turned out."
Lets just hope 'Project Natal' is all it's being hyped up to be. They must be really confident that it'll capture our interest and imagination to already be working on a new system before we get a chance to even experience it. Here's hoping! *crosses fingers*

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
You check your videogame news on yahoo? Really?
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
It was a headline under the 'Entertainment' section. I'm guessing it was a slow 'celebrity gossip' day, but intriguing, nevertheless.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 06-17-2009, 12:24 AM

SpiffyChicken14 has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SpiffyChicken14
I doubt it. I remember hearing recently that Microsoft is going the way of Sony and claiming their consoles have a 10-year lifespan. Plus, the Natal stuff at E3 was good, but ways away from production quality that people would actually buy. And lastly, they would just end up splitting their consumer base (like Nintendo with the Wii Motion-Plus controller). Developers would have to keep both bases in mind when making a new game that could create problems.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
that just seems like a bunch of speculation.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMac73 View Post
Lets just hope 'Project Natal' is all it's being hyped up to be. They must be really confident that it'll capture our interest and imagination to already be working on a new system before we get a chance to even experience it. Here's hoping! *crosses fingers*
They can't possibly stand up to all of the PlayStation Eye titles that the PS3 has produced since the Eye's launch in October of 2007!

(Yes this is sarcasm. While the Xbox 360 tech looks cool, I'll be very surprised if there are more than half a dozen games that release in the space of the next two years.)
Old 06-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I wouldn't be too surprised if it launched with a new 'version' of the 360. With a bigger Harddisk or maybe with a bluray or whatever.

A specs update however seems a bit weird. They'd only segment their market even more.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community rabb1t is a paragon of the community
I'm pretty sure MS has stated the Xbox 360 will never get a Blu-ray drive. (Though one in their Next Box wouldn't surprise me.)
Old 06-19-2009, 06:46 AM

wjfox46 has much to be proud of
Thing with Natal imo is that it's.......to say the least fairly advanced. I personally sold my 360 for a ps3(happy with my choice so far) but if they can manage to get it working properly and not being tacky and just plain retarded on platformers/fps games then I guess I'll have to save up to buy one so I can try it out.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 AM

mookyvet is a jewel in the community
Seems plausible, but a little farfetched.

I'm sure they'd make a lot more money by simply packaging Natal as something you could add on to your existing system rather than trying to trick current Xbox users into buying an entirely new system for it.

But I wouldn't be surprised if a new, limited edition Natal Xbox popped up on the market for people who want to go hogwild.

Still...Better graphics and less freezing would be preeeetty tempting...