11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
GamerDNA Community Newsletter #5
Check out the latest GamerDNA Community Newsletter!

http://gamerdna.com/r/communitynewsletter5

Let us know what you think!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Enthusiast

RedLynk is a jewel in the community RedLynk is a jewel in the community
Awesome newsletter as usual.

- RedLynk
Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 AM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
A lot of good info in there. Nicely done, too.

I have a suggestion: Perhaps add a stickied thread in this section of the forums for 'Community Newsletters'. I know this is only #5, but it's going to get harder and harder to find them without scrolling through a bunch of pages as the months pass (#1 is already on page 2). If one stickied thread is opened and then you just add something like a bulleted list with hyperlinks to each months newsletter, like this:
  • Etc.
  • Etc.
It keeps all the newsletter discussion in one thread and is a quick and easy reference in the forums for gamerDNA members.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Last edited by xMac73 : 06-13-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Another thought... or two.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
That seems like a good idea xMac.

Good newsletter again, staff peoples. Congrats to Mykalgaidin on member of the month.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Good newsletter, but I wanted to point out two things. One the last release notes under the features spotlight returns a 404 Page Not Found error. Second, Dvader83 from the member spotlight is linked wrong.

Just thought I would let you know, but overall a very insightful newsletter.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMac73 View Post
I know this is only #5, but it's going to get harder and harder to find them without scrolling through a bunch of pages as the months pass (#1 is already on page 2)
On the right side of the blog page is an item called "Categories" with one item called "Community Newsletter".
Click that to end up here and only see the newsletters.
(Testing with the "Fun Stuff" category I see that) there can be at least 20 letters on one page that way.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:38 AM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retodon8 View Post
On the right side of the blog page is an item called "Categories" with one item called "Community Newsletter".
Click that to end up here and only see the newsletters.
(Testing with the "Fun Stuff" category I see that) there can be at least 20 letters on one page that way.
Yeah... I saw that on the blog (which is nice), but it's not organized like that here in the forums, and that's what I was suggesting. For people who don't generally read the blog (but instead try to get the info from the 'GamerDNA News and Announcements' section here in the forums), that kind of organization would be nice here, too.

No big deal... just my thoughts on it.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 07-15-2009, 04:25 AM

Zacko is community member of note
Loving these Newsletters. =D
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM

zhengwei0 has much to be proud of
Thanks for another interesting read.
I think I spend a little too much time on the site, because so far I always know about most things in the newsletter already.

I wasn't aware of the Facebook business page (is that what it's called?) though, just the Group page, but I'm a fan too now.

Good idea mentioning some of our conversations, spotlighting some extra members, advertising the feature to new (potential) members as well.
(Some of those links are currently broken, the protocol part, but are easily corrected.)