11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 01:47 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Give it time, it could stand a chance at everything you said Sensational.The developers have been busting hard trying to fix the snafus of their matchmaking service and once that's cleared up, they're working on better clan oriented stuff, clan/organized play modes, new maps and we will for sure see at least two more demigods in the roster.
Oh I hope so. I think they stand to make alot of money if they do it right. It's pretty much the same game as DotA, even at this early stage, as a newly released product, it's more advanced (Although slightly less so in the combat mechanics department, no hooks and leaps and what-not just yet) with a much deeper RTS and RPG side, and has so much potential. DotA needs a successor and this game can certainly be just that.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Sensational: Check this out from Frogboy @ Stardock
http://forums.demigodthegame.com/350280

Here's hoping! I know we're in different countries but maybe someday soon we can have a match or two in the Pantheon

Just curious, I'm assuming you play....who's your favorite Demigod? Right now, I've been enjoying Oak a little too much. A cool amigo I gamed with at launch over Game Ranger and Hamachi showed me how fun he can be not focussing on the Idols/Spirits and going full support tank.

Granted, I will occasionally fall back on Spirits and priest Idols, especially when grouped against Torch Bearer and Unclean Beast *shudders*

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Sensational: Check this out from Frogboy @ Stardock

Here's hoping! I know we're in different countries but maybe someday soon we can have a match or two in the Pantheon

Just curious, I'm assuming you play....who's your favorite Demigod? Right now, I've been enjoying Oak a little too much. A cool amigo I gamed with at launch over Game Ranger and Hamachi showed me how fun he can be not focussing on the Idols/Spirits and going full support tank.

Granted, I will occasionally fall back on Spirits and priest Idols, especially when grouped against Torch Bearer and Unclean Beast *shudders*
Passive/pet Queen of Thorns. I set myself up in the flower with some nice tanking items and skip all the spells, going for attribute and other passive boosts. The pets, along with the staying power of the actual hero, makes it a very fun tank. You never have to go back to heal with all that HP regen. I like Oak aswell, but I prefer the damage approach, that berserk upon death skill is absolutely awesome. It's pretty much a guaranteed kill, so even if you die you still take someone with you.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
Passive/pet Queen of Thorns. I set myself up in the flower with some nice tanking items and skip all the spells, going for attribute and other passive boosts. The pets, along with the staying power of the actual hero, makes it a very fun tank. You never have to go back to heal with all that HP regen. I like Oak aswell, but I prefer the damage approach, that berserk upon death skill is absolutely awesome. It's pretty much a guaranteed kill, so even if you die you still take someone with you.
Yeah first three are Penitence, Shield, Divine Justice. All about those early frags.

I really love it when Oak gets up there and suddenly he's beating the snot out of DG's, healing/buffing/speeding up creeps and we just swarm the enemy. Those are definitely my favorite game play moments

When I first nabbed the game, I thought I'd be all about Regulus. Played through the single player several times with him while waiting for launch day (Gamestop early purchase...woops).

I may give him another spin sometime just because he is usually a very annoying opponent.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Looks interesting. I am all for hybridization and genre-bending game mechanics. Any game that gives me pause when giving the "it's kind of like..." speech is good as gold.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 AM

WalterMondale is community member of note
Well some good news for those with friends who bought Demigod, or who want to get their friends to play with them:

"Seventh, all people who have bought Demigod at retail or direct up May 10th (and didn't return the game obviously) will be getting a coupon that will let them purchase a second copy of Demigod for 50% off for a limited time as a way for us to show appreciation for this community that has put their faith and trust in us."

Now all I need to do is convince my friend to give me that coupon.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 AM
Savant

Heh you quoted the same forum post I linked to.

Depending on circumstances, I may have a coupon to toss at ya since most of my friends either aren't interested or already have it.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 PM

Dacimannes is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Dacimannes
While I really like the look and feel of Demigod, it also helps that the gods themselves are all awesome. But the price tag's a bit much for me, and my pc would crash and burn were I to run it.

'Cept maybe that...