11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM

squonky has much to be proud of
CoD problem!!!
I have been playing Call of duty in my house for about 5 months, and its been working fine. All of a sudden, i can't get any servers on my list. I get the No response from Master Server. I have high speed and McAfee, and i'm positive I have unblocked it from firewalls, yet it still doesn't work. Any Ideas? PLEASE I will look at anything
Last edited by squonky : 01-16-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Breaon has much to be proud of
Did you patch the client before this happened? With some software-based firewalls, when an applicaiton is patched, it is treated as a new, unknown (and thus untrusted) application as its CRC-value changes.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Official IP-block? They might have suspected you of cheating/You might be cheating.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:40 PM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
I don't play CoD, but based on my CS experience: Check for a duplicate server-list file - a blank server list may have come with your last patch - happens to me every other time I patch CS.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 AM

Ya, i think its the ip block, just because, i got ride of the patch, erased all of the files (in activision) and re-installed and it still didnt work. And i never cheated!
In any case, it bugs the hell out of me.
ok, 1 more question, if there were a duplicate server-liste file, what would it look like, aka where would i find it? (noob question, i know)
Last edited by squonky : 01-29-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:31 AM
The Midnight Piper

Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community Skyles is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Skyles
Again, I don't play COD, but assuming you use steam to connect (I always have to resort to deleting teh file, the second option listed):

Quote:
Please follow the troubleshooting recommendations below to resolve the issue:

Load the game
Go to the Find Servers option
Switch to the Favorites tab
Go to the Change filters button
Select "Secure" from the Anti-Cheat drop-down menu
Exit and then reload the game
Go to the Find Servers option
Switch to the Favorites tab
Click the "Refresh" button

If you could see servers through STEAM -> servers before – you should be able to see them in the game as before.

If this method does not work at once, delete file serverbrowser.vdf and repeat the recommended troubleshooting steps outlined above once more (by default, this file may be found at C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\config\ - otherwise, find the Steam directory you specified when installing Steam).

Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 PM

Ok, i tried that, although i dont have steam, but it didn't work. I did notice that in the local server connection, it was working (but there was still no servers, no big surprise). I think it has always work.
I tryed geting steam and transfering my game, but there was something wrong with my CD key. I didn't buy it through there so thats probably why.