Parasite Eve I&II
Gex The Gecko
Heart Of Darkness
Intelligent Qube
Chrono Cross
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix.
Incredible Crisis.
Legend of Dragoon

All games from the first full 3D era, which I believe should count as Retro considering we're two playstation sequels into the future already.

Plus.

Who, at least in my generation, -hasn't- played Goldeneye?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:51 AM

Praesul has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Praesul Send a message via MSN to Praesul
Superman 64.

No seriously, Superman 64. Hell I liked it.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 AM

WillyFourEyes has much to be proud of
Hmm...why does that screenshot say Super Special Mario Bros.?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
That was the name of that particular edition. Between Donkey Kong and the first of the "Mario Brothers #" games on Nintendo, they used to just add more words to the title each time they released another Mario game.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:23 AM

llBatesll has much to be proud of
HEART OF DARKNESS.

Somebody else here must've played this game? anybody? god-damnit I can't be the -only- one who had a Don-bluthe esque adventure into the highly mystical and often brutal shadowworld!?
Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 AM

grimfusion has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praesul View Post
Superman 64.

No seriously, Superman 64. Hell I liked it.
BLASPHEMY!
Just as copies of E.T. for Commodore 64 were collected and buried in the dessert, copies of Superman 64 should be rubbed coarsely against a scrotum, disassembled, and flushed piece by piece into the sewer.

What is there to like about Superman 64? Fly through hoops. Toss cars. Fly through hoops. Toss cars... fly through hoops... toss cars. I can't say anything that James, the Angry Nintendo Nerd hasn't said in the past. Just know that I'm not hopping any bandwagon here. I do have first-hand experience with Superman 64. I just wish I didn't.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyFourEyes View Post
Hmm...why does that screenshot say Super Special Mario Bros.?

Super Mario Bros. Special. A game released in 1986 as a successor to the Original Super Mario Bros. Unofficially, Nintendo says they had nothing to do with the release, but Hudsonsoft says they did. Hudsonsoft mixed all the levels, added enemies, and changed the control scheme.

Super Mario Bros. Special was later adapted to U.S. arcade machines, as I remember playing it at a little minature golf/iceream parlor/video game arcade as a young child.

Super Mario Bros. Special doesn't have anything to do with the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 2 or the U.S. release of Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels; included as part of Super Mario All-Stars on Super Nintendo.

Honestly, the image kinda took me by surprise, too. You really can't find copies of Super Mario Bros. Special on any game console, as they were never made, and I doubt gamerDNA allows discussion of ROMs and Emulators.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I've only ever seen Special for the Apple. I must have wasted a few hundred hours playing it on my old Apple II+.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 PM

It'd be awesome if they did release a copy of Super Mario Bros. Special for the Apple II or Apple IIe, but alas, I really don't think they did. The Apple II and Apple IIe were host to Donkey Kong. I think the only two platforms that hosted Super Mario Bros. Special were the NEC PC8x01 PC and the Sharp X-1 home computer. The port to the NEC PC8x01 was absolutely horrid. Dreadfully small color tables, no screen scrolling, odd jumping behavior, and a counter which counted down a LOT faster, and odd sprite draw glitches here and there.

The port to the Sharp X-1 was a little better. Super Mario Bros. Special actually scrolled on the X-1, color pallets were much improved, and the X-1 version didn't suffer all the graphic glitches. Despite that, good luck finding an old Sharp X-1 computer laying around at a garage sale.

In googling, I found a site with a few unofficial remakes, but they seem to be ports of Super Mario All-Stars.
http://www.classic-retro-games.com/S...o-Bros_84.html

If you could hunt down a link to a site which talks about an Apple II release of Super Mario Bros. Special, I think I could call up a friend of mine and buy back my old Apple IIe. I think it'd be worth it.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Savant

I still have the floppy disk, but it's been in my storage locker for 5 years, so there's no guarantee it will still work.