11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 04-01-2009, 09:55 PM

x8xid is community member of note
Eh... turns out it's not a big deal. I can't even get 5 guys together... We'll probably just be short and play with some bots. No big deal, not like it's for cash or anything.

We'll be practicing tonight and Sunday. (Anyone is welcome to join up and kick our ass.) After that we'll probably get with Imran on setting a hrad date for the match to go down. Then you guys can post up how badly you kicked our butts! LOL.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Enthusiast

KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community KaimerasPain is a jewel in the community
u all should vid the match for gDNA ppl to see =) just a thought.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
I agree about the videotaping (old fashioned word that has become).

Copying from my comment on one of alphadoque's activities:

Client-side demos only know/show what the recording client was seeing, server-side demos know everything.
See this post for how to bind client-side recording to a key of your choice.
I think server-side recording is explained in the standalone server documentation.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM

Yes we will be recording our failure... lol.
BTW. My clan had a very good practice last night. We are getting better. Hopefully we will have a hard date set on this match after Sunday (Our clans next/last practice day) I will post it up here.. and later a link to the video.

Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 AM

Yeah... so this never went down... Lost contact with Imran. Then unfortunately work exploded on me. (We are revising the core engine on the game I'm developing) AND I was promoted to the head of my department because the last project manager was a tool. So yeah, I'm putting in like 60hrs a week now making sure coders code. It sucks because we aren't even to the fun playing and testing phase yet. Also all the concept art has been jammed up in the mail from CA so right now working in game development isn't as fun as it usually is.

SO.... I put my clan under the temporary management of my 2 second in commands. They are eager, but inexperienced at it. I want to help so bad, but I'm too swamped. So if anyone is looking for some good clan gaming please hook up with "Jester Klown" or "Orphaned God" to get something rolling.

Thanx guys... Keep gaming. : )

Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Well, congratulations about the promotion at least!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Thanx. Really wish I could talk about it more but I"m not allowed (for obvious reaons). However, I am ammused to see a thread posted up in these forums speculating about it. I really like the BOLD ass lie someone posted about it trying to start a rumor about the gameplay mechanics. Never have been able to figure out why people do that... I kind of want to send that member a message from my work e-mail just to freak him out... but I'll be good.