11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Great! but like Revla said, Community Features at the bottom seems really odd

Old 04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Liking the new design for the most part. Without the drop-down that had most of the member specific links, I can't seem to figure out how to get to my user CP, which is where I was able to go if someone had rated a post and I could find out which thread it was in and what comments they had left.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
First thoughts: Confusing, oddly set out, Don't like it.

Spent 5 mins pulling my thumb out my arse and actually had a mosey about the interface.

Second thoughts: Not bad, Set-up still feels odd (but remembered it did last time it was changed). Had a look in the directories, MUCH Improved (including a search that works!). The interface makes more sense when your in the forums now (after all, if your reading the last post, the interface is right there to greet you).

It'll take a little getting used too, but that's fine, change isn't all that bad. I'll actually be using the game search now that its less of a pain in the backside to use.

The e-mail update works for posts (Posted on QforQ's Game post, and had 4 e-mails in 2 mins show up in my inbox. Thought my spam filter had failed me (Technically it did, Mishy's got through :P ), but no, it was just updating me that others had posted after me).

Comments and suggestions: When I look at the main forums page now, that little voice in the back of my head says "It needs something" but isn't forthcoming with the 'What' (Little swine). Gonna have an argument with myself till he gives up the info.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
The old top bar may have had too many links and pull-downs as you say, but it wasn't nearly that bad. Now, you've gone way too far in the opposite direction. Most of the links which I was using are now gone and only the least used ones remain. I especially made heavy use of the pull-down from my user name and I used nearly every link in it at one time or another.

Moving the forums link to the bottom is probably the biggest mistake. Nobody looks for the forum link at the bottom of any web page. Most newcomers will never know we have a forum. Most people will only look for it in the top bar and in the top few links of the sidebar.

A better solution would have been to put the links you most want people to find (plust the forums) on the top bar as buttons, then move the other items into a single pull-down or sidebar.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
A better solution would have been to put the links you most want people to find (plust the forums) on the top bar as buttons, then move the other items into a single pull-down or sidebar.
What about having a customisable Gamer-DNA bar for your browser?
Add the links you use the most, and some added functionality for the forums and/or guild functions? Would that help?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
It would help us, but it's much more important to help first-time visitors. We can get used to it in time, but a new visitor will be far less likely to spend that much time here with the new bar. The old one showed new visitors just how much there is to do around here. The new one shows them nothing.

The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:09 AM

mikki32 has much to be proud of
lol i hate change lol im lost now struggling to find everything lol lol,as you can tell i struggle with website lol lol on another note it does look better lol well done
Old 04-23-2009, 11:14 AM

mikki32 has much to be proud of
man it might look good but i agree the top bar is pants,its took me ges to find my guild,so i agree any new comers to the site will be instantly be put off
Old 04-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Submitted the support ticket, and funnily enough I get a similar problem on the support page. I will get some more screenies when I get back from school and post them.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Enthusiast

absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to absolutlush
I agree with most of the stuff above. I could only figure out how to get to the forums by either using the bottom nav menu or clicking the link in the MotD