11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-23-2009, 04:24 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneMSmith View Post
Does anyone else get a problem when they go to a recent games page? I mean I know I'm running IE8 which isn't supported, but I run gDNA in compatability mode. When I run it in compatability mode the header doesn't work properly and neither do the recent games. I get the page to load but everything is moved around and just strange. When I turn off compatability mode I get the header to work properly, but the recent games still don't.
This is quite possible..we've been wrestling with IE for the past couple days.

Could you take a screenshot of this sort of stuff and send it over in a support ticket? That would help out quite a bit.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:26 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Forums needs to go back to the top, seriously. At the very least the New/Today's Posts button needs to be at the top. Those are my two favorite buttons on the whole website.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but when you use the New/Today's Posts button, the footer doesn't show up.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Where is my "pull down" to just "Find new posts" now??!?!?

Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaya View Post
Where is my "pull down" to just "Find new posts" now??!?!?
It's at the botton of the page, under the Forum link. There is a New and Today link.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Yeah I was lost too. And it seems kinda weird to put the community features -- not just the forums -- at the bottom of the page.
It's going to take a bit to get used to the new site nav, this is significantly different than what we had before.

Regarding putting community features at the bottom, those are a select grouping of our Community features there. We still have Community features up in the top navigation:

You can still interact with the gamerDNA community by going to your Member Home (something we're revamping soon and will make even better), going to a Game Page, checking out the Player directory, creating a game post/event and uploading a picture..as finally we'll be adding a new page link to the top navigation to a new feature that will also give you access to see what the gamerDNA community is doing right now (and I'm pretty excited about it).

Most of those features that I just listed are pretty new, so it will take some getting used to. We've seen everyone using the commenting system more and more and we think this should be a great way for people to interact with one another, and we're working on ways to make that better.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:56 AM

xkg-arendil has much to be proud of
please dont take this the wrong way, but im completely not happy with this new look and navigation. i realize that im not very "famous" on here compared to some, but my clan and i very much enjoy this site, and i know its going to cause confusion. i do appreciate mixing things up a bit, its just going to take some time to get used to i guess....
Old 04-23-2009, 06:22 AM

LordTraith is a cornerstone of the community LordTraith is a cornerstone of the community LordTraith is a cornerstone of the community
I really like it. It keeps things simple, and I've always found subject-oriented site maps in the footer to be an excellent way to navigate a site. I say "good job!"!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 AM
gamerDNA Development Team

Sarron has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Baldur's Gate FTW (also: bravo!)
I'm amused and happy to see Baldur's Gate is trending among RPGs, as highlighted by the new front page. I still consider Baldur's Gate II to be one of the best RPGs ever made and it's a game I recommend to people often.

I'd also like to commend the team on having the courage to continue re-thinking, evolving, and refining the site's layout, design, and navigation. This newest set of changes to navigation sure is radical, but it also feels simpler and more focused, so if Sean et al. feel that it represents what the site is about and will help us get the most of the site, then I say: awesome!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 AM

MaXeeMoS has much to be proud of
Gamer tag???
How do i get my 360 Live gamer tag on here???
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 AM

Triconium has much to be proud of
As a UI designer myself, I do like how streamlined the site is. The older navigation was a tad overwhelming.

However, I do think it is a mistake to not include key footer navigation items in a more logical place. Footer navs are great for miscellaneous info such as "Contact" and "About", but important elements such as "Forums" need to be elsewhere.

I'm not suggesting they be put back into the main nav. Instead, consider making these available from "Home" or somewhere else more logical.

I realize that this site isn't about forums, but they are clearly important to active members.

Thanks for listening.

-Tricon