11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA News and Announcements

Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
April 22nd Update Notes and Feedback
The update is now up! We have a new homepage (you have to log out to see it) and brand new site navigation.

You can check out our Release Notes for the new update here:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/blog/2009/0...release-notes/

If you find any bugs, please report them in our support forum here: http://www.gamerdna.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Or go to http://gamerDNA.com/support

Thanks!
Last edited by QforQ : 04-23-2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
I stayed up all night for nothing! JK but dang you gDNA always telling me things then not doing them! Your such a tease!

On a serious note. I think it's probably better. I mean I would rather wait an extra day if that means when the update comes out it will be more stable. Even though I do love me a good bug hunt!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 AM
Enthusiast

Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community Doctorzongo is a paragon of the community
Send a message via MSN to Doctorzongo Send a message via Yahoo to Doctorzongo
I didn't stay up all night, but I got up early.
Actually, one of the first things I do when I get up is check this site.

And I agree with Smith, better to have it better and later then earlier and broken.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
The update is now up! We put up a new site navigation and a new homepage, which you can view when you log out of the website.

We'll have update notes up soon, probably tomorrow

Feel free to give us feedback!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:23 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Love the new design, but where is the link at the top of the page to get to the forums? I had to scroll to the very bottom of my home page to find the link.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 AM
GDNA Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Love the new design, but where is the link at the top of the page to get to the forums? I had to scroll to the very bottom of my home page to find the link.
I'm sure ChangeAgent will get into this with the patch notes, or I will with a follow up blog post/forum post...but basically what we chose to do with this new design is prioritize what we wanted to have in the navigation.

Before we had wayyy too many buttons, drop downs, etc. We wanted to distill everything down to what we want people to do on the site, what are the core features. Simplification is what we're going for with this new design.

While forums are still important to us, in terms of community and especially how we get feedback from our community, we want to make sure we put a lot of the spotlight on specific sections of the site that are core to your overall gamerDNA experience. Those are the Games Directory and Game Pages, Players section and Profiles, a Soon-To-Be-Launched-Feature, the search, and the ways to access and add to/edit your gamerDNA.

The rest of the parts of the site we have linked in the footer, in an easy to find manner.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:41 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Took me ages to find the forums button. I'd almost thought you ditched them.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
Same here. I thought maybe they were just gone.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:14 AM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Does anyone else get a problem when they go to a recent games page? I mean I know I'm running IE8 which isn't supported, but I run gDNA in compatability mode. When I run it in compatability mode the header doesn't work properly and neither do the recent games. I get the page to load but everything is moved around and just strange. When I turn off compatability mode I get the header to work properly, but the recent games still don't.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 AM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Yeah I was lost too. And it seems kinda weird to put the community features -- not just the forums -- at the bottom of the page.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade