11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 04-16-2009, 12:21 AM

SizBiz has much to be proud of
Ranks help please
Im new to GamerDNA and im not to good at dealing with ranks and there permissions. I was wondering if anyone would PM me or just comment what they would do? or just any suggestions that would help me? Im the leader of a CoD World at War Clan.

-SizBiz
Old 04-16-2009, 12:36 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
It's mainly a way to give a clan member status or to give them access to different parts of your forums.

We have some details on how to set it up here:
http://blog.gamerdna.com/help/guildg...in-your-group/

Btw, nice Avatar!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QforQ View Post
Btw, nice Avatar!
Lol thx but its not that i dont know how its just i need an idea or two =\. I dont know what would be the best permissions for the ranks. I was just needing some ideas? And also do i have to manually change peoples ranks?
Last edited by SizBiz : 04-16-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:06 AM

All im really doing here is bumping it because know one seems to be replying =\
Old 04-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
You can change existing ranks, add new ones and change the permissions for each rank under the "Ranks" tab on the Management page of your guild. You can also determine what rank new members start at the bottom of the same page.

As to what names you should use for your ranks, try using a ranking structure that reflects the game your guild is based around. For instance, my Kinship is based on Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series (not a game, I know, but it's MY Kinship), so my ranking structure reflects that. Here's a link to my roster page so you can see for yourself. I can't really tell from your guild page what game it's based around, but since the only game you have listed on your DNA is CoD:WaW, I'm going to guess that's the one. Here's a starting point for what you can do with your ranking structure. Remember, it's your guild, and you can structure it however you want.

As for permissions, it depends on how much control over the site you want each rank to have. In my Kinship, only I can change a member's rank, but my officers can add new members. Only I can manage the kinship's forums, but anyone can post in the majority of them. It's really up to you.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 PM

Really appreciate that thank you loads man!