11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
The hardest and core-est of hardcore FPS EVAR! lol
http://www.closerangegame.com/
Yikes! You can still see teeth!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
I pissed myself laughing when I shot the Horse.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Ha Ha... take THAT mofos!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:46 PM

Uhlik has much to be proud of
I play FPS basically every day. Its amazing how good you get at shooters by doing that. But yes, there are SOME frequent FPS players on the forums, not as much as the other forums though.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Enthusiast

Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community Jezmyn is a cornerstone of the community
It's been my experience through chatting with other gDNA members that there is a wide range of games played. I'm not sure if alot of people play FPSs exclusively, but most of the members I chat with play FPS at least some of the time.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
I pissed myself laughing when I shot the Horse.
What he said, as if the game wasn't awesome enough before they just had to throw that one in there.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Savant

revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED revlazaro CLASSIFIED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezmyn View Post
It's been my experience through chatting with other gDNA members that there is a wide range of games played. I'm not sure if alot of people play FPSs exclusively, but most of the members I chat with play FPS at least some of the time.
Quoted for Truth. My Guild Wars alliance also has a pretty active Call of Duty 4 community and one of the guilds has a clan that plays regular ladder tourneys. I think MMO's are talked about more because they furnish more for a community (even the anti social PvP ones!) than an FPS. It's not necessarily carebear things like dance parties in town (which those ARE fun) but they also seem to cater goals and achievements on a per-guild basis.

While FPS's have ladder ranks and unlocks they don't really have, say, "clan halls" or achievements to work towards as a group in-game besides purely owning face. Maybe as FPS's seem to get more creative with keeping track of players and their achievements we'll see more clan based rewards: special skins/uniforms and various aesthetic bragging rights.

Leader of Hamnation [PIG]
Member of the EYE Alliance
Check out my gaming blog: The Chaos Grenade
Old 04-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlazaro View Post
Quoted for Truth. My Guild Wars alliance also has a pretty active Call of Duty 4 community and one of the guilds has a clan that plays regular ladder tourneys. I think MMO's are talked about more because they furnish more for a community (even the anti social PvP ones!) than an FPS. It's not necessarily carebear things like dance parties in town (which those ARE fun) but they also seem to cater goals and achievements on a per-guild basis.

While FPS's have ladder ranks and unlocks they don't really have, say, "clan halls" or achievements to work towards as a group in-game besides purely owning face. Maybe as FPS's seem to get more creative with keeping track of players and their achievements we'll see more clan based rewards: special skins/uniforms and various aesthetic bragging rights.
I'd like to see a fully 3D guild hall for FPSs, where you can look over your guild's past glories, chat with other guildies, display trophies on the wall (which you'd get in game by meeting certain requirements), have a message board, and the ability to start a match directly from the hall. They could also allow "visitors" so you can show off your bling, but they'd only be able to view the hall, and not interact with anything save other players. Kind of an interactive lobby/museum.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:17 AM

PimpMethod has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to PimpMethod
Quote:
Originally Posted by koji042 View Post
As for control schemes it really boils down to whatever you prefer using. There are some people who can't play FPS games without a controller as strange as it may sound.
That is very true!! The first time I try the Mouse and Keyboard was on C.O.D. 4 at P.A.X 08 and I was tick off! That day on I stay away from P.C. Gaming.

http://pwned.com/PimpMethod/