11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 AM

WalterMondale is community member of note
Another "Gameplay isn't showing up" thread
I've read the FAQ and several of the other threads regarding this but I'm still uncertain what is going on. When I registered... last Thursday maybe, I set up my xfire, Steam, Live, and last.fm AKAs. So far, the only one that is sending any data seems to be the last.fm one. I've played several games several times each, as noted in my manually entered entries, but still nothing has shown up on gamerDNA automatically. I can check my live account itself and find it's tracked the changes, but nothing on GamerDNA. I can check my xfire playtime for the week and see that it's logged my playing Titan Quest, but nothing on gamerDNA.

I'll probably continue to manually add the activities, but I imagine something must be wrong because I've played a video game everyday since i've registered and not a single one has shown up automatically.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Yeah, same here. My data pulls have been screwed up too. I'm missing several days worth of gaming myself, there are only a few days recently when I haven't played something. Either the data pull is borked atm, or its not getting logged properly at the source (sex-box live, steam etc).
Old 04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Enthusiast

WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community WayneMSmith is a jewel in the community
Send a message via MSN to WayneMSmith
Well I believe the data pull is still working because my xfire data has been pulling fine. You do know the data pulls happen on the next day right?
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Ok so it finally automatically pulled something.. from xfire I think. I'm aware there's supposed to be a delay of about a day, but it was a 6 day delay before it ever automatically logged anything and it only logged my activity for last night. I haven't changed any settings or aka's in days so I suspected something was broken. I've been manually logging since the first and this is the first time it automatically logged it. Still need to figure out if live is going to work correctly now..
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Check the release notes in the blog.
There have been a couple of issues around the time of the two most recent updates (if I remember correctly) that caused some activities to show up much later than what you're used to.
It's not unlikely this corresponds with your case.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 PM

fattychubs has set foot on a distinguished road
WalterMondale,

I was just investigating any issues, and need some more information to identify the issue.

First some information on how it works, it takes about 48 hours after signing up to get your first sign up. Any activity you do get is posted the next day. For Xbox Live you get activity around 10:00AM-Noon EST the next day, for the previous day.

For Xfire/Steam you generally get your activity for the previous day around 2-3AM EST.

I show within 2 days of your registration for Xbox AKA you started getting activity example:
http://waltermondale.gamerdna.com/ga...0-on-04-apr-09

For Steam I show it working, but there has been no significant gameplay registered in the last two weeks (from your steamprofile)

Finally Xfire, I do show activity from the 6th. The only other day that falls out of the 48 hour new user window, is the 5th. So it sounds like you played on the 5th, and it was missed? Is it possible you played over midnight EST, or did not shut the client down? If you leave the game running over midnight EST, without shutting down at least once it will not register.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:24 PM

fattychubs has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
Yeah, same here. My data pulls have been screwed up too. I'm missing several days worth of gaming myself, there are only a few days recently when I haven't played something. Either the data pull is borked atm, or its not getting logged properly at the source (sex-box live, steam etc).
Hey if you want to share some stuff you think that might have been missed, or IM me details to look into let me know. I can dig in further to see if there is any issues. Aside from some delay issues that happened last week, there shouldn't be any missing data. So it would be helpful to get some details if there is something missing.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattychubs View Post
WalterMondale,

I was just investigating any issues, and need some more information to identify the issue.

First some information on how it works, it takes about 48 hours after signing up to get your first sign up. Any activity you do get is posted the next day. For Xbox Live you get activity around 10:00AM-Noon EST the next day, for the previous day.

For Xfire/Steam you generally get your activity for the previous day around 2-3AM EST.

I show within 2 days of your registration for Xbox AKA you started getting activity example:
http://waltermondale.gamerdna.com/ga...0-on-04-apr-09

For Steam I show it working, but there has been no significant gameplay registered in the last two weeks (from your steamprofile)

Finally Xfire, I do show activity from the 6th. The only other day that falls out of the 48 hour new user window, is the 5th. So it sounds like you played on the 5th, and it was missed? Is it possible you played over midnight EST, or did not shut the client down? If you leave the game running over midnight EST, without shutting down at least once it will not register.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Ok, so first thing i've noticed that hadn't shown up, or at least I hadn't noticed it was the verified info for some of my infinite undiscovery activities. So seems like excluding the first 2 days, Live is in fact, tracking. One down.

I've played Titan Quest Through Steam but yeah, haven't played a Steam game so it's not surprising that it isn't sending any data from that AKA. I'll have to play some TF2 tonight or something to see if it will pull in a few days.

Xfire started verifying my Titan Quest playing 2 sessions ago so it seems to be working. Two down.

So yeah, given the 2 day grace period before it starts tracking, and the indication that at least Live and Xfire are working at this point, everything appears to be moving smoothly. I probably could have avoided posting this if I had realized Live went back through and snuck in the verified gameplay onto the activities. It also doesn't help that I thought I registered on the 1st or 2nd, not the 3rd, so I was expecting something to track by the 3rd, but the system wasn't going to kick in until the 5th. My mistake. Thanks for the help.