11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Support

Old 04-04-2009, 03:57 AM

Slusho has much to be proud of
XBL, Steam, Xfire data not pulling
I'm sure this has been asked a lot, but I entered my names and saved it and it doesn't do anything. Do I have to wait a while? I just joined.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:07 AM

WalterMondale is community member of note
My understanding is it should start displaying in a few days after you join. In the meantime i'm manually tracking and i'll clean it all up after the fact if it double posts. Maybe you could consider doing the same?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
It does take a day or so for the gDNA system to pull the data from any of the supported gaming services. I believe there's about a one-day delay, from what I've noticed about the difference between when I play something on LIVE and when it shows up in my game activity. It's still better than having to put everything in manually like I have to do with my Macbook, since neither Steam nor X-Fire support OSX. Guess it's a good thing I only use my laptop to play WoW and Warcraft 3.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:31 AM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
There is about a one day delay, we pull the Xbox/Xfire/Steam data every night (about this time-ish). That means we do it all in one shot, once a day, then put that in to your gamerDNA. So if you put in your XBL name yesterday, hopefully by the time you read this/Saturday afternoon, you should probably have something.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I see that it has the information of what I played on Xbox Live yesterday, but it didn't add every game I've played using that Xbox Live account. Does it not do that? Do I have to add games manually unless I play them?
Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 PM
GDNA Community Manager

QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence QforQ is bathed in a white light of excellence
Send a message via AIM to QforQ Send a message via MSN to QforQ Send a message via Skype™ to QforQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slusho View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. I see that it has the information of what I played on Xbox Live yesterday, but it didn't add every game I've played using that Xbox Live account. Does it not do that? Do I have to add games manually unless I play them?
Unfortunately, at the moment we do not import all your games from Xbox Live. We plan on doing this soon..within the next couple months..but for right now you need to manually add games that you've played. When you play a game that isn't in your gamerDNA, and we detect it through Xbox Live/Steam/Xfire, we do add it to your gamerDNA, though.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:34 AM

Ok thanks.