11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 04-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

Tribaut is community member of note
yeah they see what weve done to cutomizable characters and have seen the phalic penis-esc monsters of spore and have learned just say no to full customization

and as for the movie business...
then instead of two hours pull an LOTR and make it three hours or pull a pirates of the carribean and make two conjoining movies

http://www.gamerdna.com/showthread.php?t=31155&page=2 help your fellow GDNA bros out!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribaut View Post
yeah they see what weve done to cutomizable characters and have seen the phalic penis-esc monsters of spore and have learned just say no to full customization

and as for the movie business...
then instead of two hours pull an LOTR and make it three hours or pull a pirates of the carribean and make two conjoining movies
If they were to do it, they'd have to do what they did with the Sword of Truth series: make it into either a mini-series or a regular tv series. Either way, I'd watch.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
I too think FFVII was a bit over rated. I give it it's props for what it did for gaming and RPGs. However, I was ready for the game to be done after the 4th or 5th plot twist. I also did not like the fact that one side bosses you only got one chance at. The mini-games were awesome and I would spend lots of times playing them.

My favorites would have to be I, VI, VIII, and Tactics. Hard for me to pick just one out of those four.

The first one was just such a good game for it's time. I remember shouting for joy the first time I beat it, my Mom came running up stairs to see what was wrong LOL. I told her I had just beat that game and got an, "Oh" and she turned around and went back downstairs. . .

VI, I loved the characters and the storytelling. Each of the character some bit of story to them that helped you to understand them a little better and the over all story line was just so epic.

VIII, Quistis oh how you haunted my dreams, pole dancing to Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher." . . . Seriously though, I liked the story, loved the song, enjoyed all the characters. Even that dork Laguna became enjoyable in the end. Triple Triad I would sit there and run arround and play that for hours.

I have played XI online for most of the last 6 years. As much fun as I have had with it, and all the friends I have made through it, I still cannot call it one of my top picks. Just way to much grinding and time required to get all the cool shinies.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexblood View Post
My favorites would have to be I, VI, VIII, and Tactics. Hard for me to pick just one out of those four.
A couple questions: What is your opinion of IX? And have you played the FFT:Advance series?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Enthusiast

IX, I liked the characters and the story a lot. Lots of depth and progression.

After VIII I was very disappointed in the systems and the card game.

Also really hated the fact that it had such a big, huge, EMPTY map. That really bugged me. I guess I always felt like there was a lot of wasted space that was there for no reason other than random encounters and time sinks.

It was the characters and story that really kept me going in this one. Really a great job on these aspects. It was just all the other junk that keeps it from making my top list.

~~~

I have not played any of the TAs. Never got a GBA or higher. I do need to try and pick them up one of these days
Old 04-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Demonpaladin has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexblood View Post
IX, I liked the characters and the story a lot. Lots of depth and progression.

After VIII I was very disappointed in the systems and the card game.

Also really hated the fact that it had such a big, huge, EMPTY map. That really bugged me. I guess I always felt like there was a lot of wasted space that was there for no reason other than random encounters and time sinks.

It was the characters and story that really kept me going in this one. Really a great job on these aspects. It was just all the other junk that keeps it from making my top list.

~~~

I have not played any of the TAs. Never got a GBA or higher. I do need to try and pick them up one of these days
It wasn't all that bad. After you if you had progressed in the story to the part of the Lunar Cry, you'd know that during the Lunar Cry, the monsters falling from the moon, pretty much destroyed everything. So basically, all the people alive are lucky to be around.

mykalgaidin, I'd have to agree with you. But the cutscenes, and the movies from the games, arent that long, thats what i was rolling towards for a good movie. You have to cut out all the training time it takes you to make your characters stronger. Heckin, X, b4 i reached Gagazet Mountain at the top where you had to fight Seymour yet again. I had all my character health at 9999, which was a pain in the butt. So I understand that's a time killer, but you make a few adjustment to the script but not enough to where what happens never happened in the game.

That Max Payne, game is a major pain in the butt and time consuming on several part, but they turned that into a pretty great movie.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:11 PM

Discipled has much to be proud of
For me, FF VII was my favorite. I loved the characters (ie Cloud, Red XIII, Aeris, etc.) and the materia system they set up.

However, where's the love for Tactics? Awesome game. It is unique to all the Final Fantasy games. Its story was great and the game play was awesome. It is definitely my number 2.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:50 AM
Enthusiast

I too really enjoyed Tactics. The story was good and quite epic in scale and the job system was lots of fun. In fact, for me it was too much fun, I always burned out on the game grinding out my characters in random fields LOL.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

Manetheren is community member of note
Without reading any of the other posts yet, I'm gonna go with FF I. Without the beginning of a legacy where would we be?

Now that that's out of the way. I'll have to say that the Final Fantasy that would keep me up all night 'til i literally fell asleep with a controller in my hand would be FF XII. Took me fooooever to kill the Emerald and Ruby weapon. Even killed Ruby weapon without Knights of the Round. Talk about pain in the arse, lol. Loved every hair pulling minute of it though.

Manetheren_: Vespanola Server
Daniel (Level 92 Scout), Rosa (Level 90 Adelina), Kaynne (Level 89 Fighter),
Old 04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manetheren View Post
Without reading any of the other posts yet, I'm gonna go with FF I. Without the beginning of a legacy where would we be?

Now that that's out of the way. I'll have to say that the Final Fantasy that would keep me up all night 'til i literally fell asleep with a controller in my hand would be FF XII. Took me fooooever to kill the Emerald and Ruby weapon. Even killed Ruby weapon without Knights of the Round. Talk about pain in the arse, lol. Loved every hair pulling minute of it though.
I think you mean VII

I never actually got around to killing Ruby Weapon. I remember when I fought Emerald weapon, I had Cloud use KotR (joined with a W-Summon Materia), then had Tifa and Barret Mimic it. I just put the controller down and ate some lunch. By the time I got back, the thing was just about dead. Still have that save file, somewhere. Had two Master Summons, and two Master Magics. Made for some interesting Materia combos.